Coolant in Crossover Tube?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
With the recent thread talking about a Cobra overheating got me thinking.

I changed my lower intake manifold and lost some coolant. I added some to the Degauss tank.

I decided to pull the threaded plug off a cold engine last night and there was no coolant in the crossover tube?

Is that normal? AKA the crossover drains after cooling?

Or should I warm the car up and add coolant through through the crossover?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I had this problem after my eaton swap. It shouldn't be empty. Fill it up and stick a funnel in the crossover. Make sure the funnel fits snugly in the hole and fill the funnel about halfway up. When you start the car bubbles will start to come up through the coolant and the level in the funnel will drop. Make sure it never goes empty. After the car has run for a while and got hot suck the extra coolant out of the funnel, cap the crossover and you're done!

mike.b

Established Member
I had this problem after my eaton swap. It shouldn't be empty. Fill it up and stick a funnel in the crossover. Make sure the funnel fits snugly in the hole and fill the funnel about halfway up. When you start the car bubbles will start to come up through the coolant and the level in the funnel will drop. Make sure it never goes empty. After the car has run for a while and got hot suck the extra coolant out of the funnel, cap the crossover and you're done!

Just remember to shit it down when the fans kick on. Leaving it on too long can become a problem as well IIRC from the Reische t stat site.

Users who are viewing this thread