Coolant Filters?

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Any of you guys have any experience with any coolant filter setups? I know the big rigs it's nothing too new, but any benefits using a setup on our Super Duties?

I was looking at this one a while back; http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=459

Seems kinda expensive, not sure how much it'd cost for a DIY. I need to flush out my cooling system sometime before this winter and I was thinking about adding a setup like this during/after.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
thats the one i run on my truck. but it came with it so i keep it. i had to replace my water pump at 72k but the fluid was still good, the baring problem was the reason and i hear any ware from 70k-100k is all you will get out of one anyway. i also have a bypass oil filer set up as well i really like that.:beer:

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
I'm about to order that very kit for the wife's Excursion. I want to install it after completely flushing out the old green coolant so I can replace it and fill the Ex with some Chevron Delo ELC.

I'm planning on a Spearco intercooler too, to drop my EGT's when I tow our TT, and I have a call in to John Wood for a tranny.

When I finally get an upgraded tranny for the Ex, I'll also drop in the 6.0L tranny cooler that's been sitting in my garage for 8 months! :D

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread