"Coolant everywhere" problem on eaton swapped mach

WDW MKR

Established Member
Please note I edited to add "install burp plug". I assume this would be understood, but wanted to clarify.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Ok, so far so good. Took the plug and cap off. Filled through the plug till the tank was full. Put the cap back on. Filled a little more till it wouldn't take anymore. Put the plug back on, started the car, and let it idle up to operating temp. with the heater blasting. Now I'm letting it cool while I eat dinner, and after dinner I'll be filling it again. *Fingers crossed*

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Ok, the temp gauge read cold, so I took the plug off and it was still full. It over-flowed. Didn't notice any air bubbles. Removed the over-flow tank cap, and the level went down a bit, so I filled a bit more in the plug, and replaced it and now the car is idling back to operating temp with the heater blasting.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
it may overflow again if you put too much in...remember coolant will expand once warm

WDW MKR

Established Member
Good point, which is why you fill through the burp plug with the expansion tank sealed. This seal maintains the system level. You're only filling the void at the system high point; the crossover pipe.

Reloaded

Torque-a-licious
Established Member
Ok, well this seems to be it! Took it for a test drive and all is good! No spraying/leaking and temp was perfect. Logged the run with Sniper but it didn't save it for some reason. I'll be taking it for a test drive during the day after work tomorrow to verify. Air owns me. Thanks everyone! I don't want to jump the gun, but I'm feeling good about this!!

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread