coolant crossover/o-rings

97riocobra2

Established Member
I'm almost through putting everything back together from cleaning my IMRC's, but I have a question about the coolant crossover tube. First off I read how much of a PITA it was gonna be to remove it and it was, but how difficult was it to re-install? I was thinking about getting a rubber hammer because it didn't want to go back in at all! I also read about O-rings that are supposed to be on there, but mine didn't have any on there when I took it off. I have the part number for them but where exactly do they fit on the crossover? I've been searchin on here and the corral at work all day but couldn't find what I was lookin for. Thanks guys

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
they fit on both ends of the crossover, where they go into the block. i didnt have any on mine either so i just cleaned them, put a hell of a lot of silicone around the ends, and crammed it back into the block.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I'll have to stick my fingers in there and see if I can feel something

Careful ... I've done that - been there. You don't want to get something on your finger that won't come off. Oh, wait a minute --- you were talking about the cross-over tube. :beer:

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Dano said:
Careful ... I've done that - been there. You don't want to get something on your finger that won't come off. Oh, wait a minute --- you were talking about the cross-over tube. :beer:

Dirty old man! HEE HEE! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread