Coolant crossover help

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
Hey guys was wondering how you all got the crossover tube to not leak at the points it goes into the actual motor when reinstalling them. I replaced the O-rings but can't get it to seal. I probably spent 3-4 hours trying over and over but kept leaking when I would pour coolant in. I am beyond frustrated haha

Parts-is-Parts

Established Member
Either the bores are not clean, or the COT has a pinhole leak. You can clean everything well, then coat the o-rings with silicone and hope it seals

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Are you using Ford O rings?

What are you using to lube them before putting them in?

I have only had success with the Ford O rings getting it to seal. Any other universal o ring I have tried from parts stores leaked.

Make sure the bores are clean, its a Ford O ring and the O ring isnt rolling over when you install it.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
Are you using Ford O rings?

What are you using to lube them before putting them in?

I have only had success with the Ford O rings getting it to seal. Any other universal o ring I have tried from parts stores leaked.

Make sure the bores are clean, its a Ford O ring and the O ring isnt rolling over when you install it.

this. and i cleaned my bores with a scouring attatchment for the drill and when replacing my orings (if you do this stuff a papertowel or something in there beforehand and use a vacuum to suck out any debris) they sealed perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread