Coolant crossover help

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
I was wondering how you guys got them to go back in perfect and not leak after pulling them off? I have tried eeevverryyyttthhiinng and I can get one side to seal well and not leak when pouring coolant in to test, but the other leaks or both leak etc. Anyone have a fail proof way of doing this?

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member
Are the tabs that the bolts go through flush with the surface?

If they're not resting flat on the surface it may be a sign that the crossover isn't in there deep enough.

Last edited:

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
+1 check for damaged o-rings

I didn't change mine when I rebuilt the engine, but it did take a LOT of muscle to get them in there. The bolts will help you get them on there tight enough but you still have to get them in there deep, otherwise the threads might even strip.

The o-rings should be pretty cheap, just get new ones. Sometimes they look ok but they're not.

I replaced them both and I worked to get that thing in there and still leaked without the system being pressurized.

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
Are the tabs that the bolts go through flush with the surface?

If they're not resting flat on the surface it may be a sign that the crossover isn't in there deep enough.

I'll have to check its at my other garage. Got fed up with it and came home

Last edited:

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
ahh crap I meant to post this in the turbo terminators section. I am turbo swapped so I have the alternator up top and such so the bracketing is different I think.

Users who are viewing this thread