Coolant Cross Over Tube

fullofvenom

Established Member
Anyone know the part number for the whole assembly? The parts guy at a dealer nearby looked at me like I had two heads when I asked him about. After a few minutes looking at his computer, he told me he couldn't find anyhting on it. I'd like to replace the one I have. Thanks!

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I saw that number in one of the Threads, recently.

You have to go to an SVT Dealer (generally). I had the same problem getting a gasket for a component on my upper air plenum, from a nearby Ford Dealer - the place I went to didn't have the correct tech data (Micro-fish), and I told him my plenum didn't look anything like the ones he was showing me. Finally, I said "screw it," and called the SVT dealer a long way from my house, and the parts man had experience on SVTs. Went over and looked at his Micro-fish, and there it was, plain as day.

fullofvenom

Established Member
Thanks for the info, Dano. I want to replace it because its a bit corroded at the ends and it looks like shit. The plug is almost stripped. I can get it open with a 1/4 drive, but I have to be careful. I've taped it up and used some pipe dope to make sure it comes out easily. I'm also going to replace the hoses and try to dress it up a bit over the winter. Also, the last time I removed the intake to clean the IMRCs, the O rings I used to reseal the tube in the heads didn't work out great. I guess I didn't guess the exact correct size. I had to jimmy-rig it a little bit. It holds coolant and doesn't overheat, I just want to have some peace of mind by making it perfectly sealed with new parts.

I did a search on here for the part number, but couldn't spend to much time sifting through all the returned threads (the wife's a bit fickle about me wasting time on a computer when i come home because I sit in front of one all day!). I suppose I've got a nice task to accompany my coffee tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I did a search also, and the best I could find was that it's not available any longer. Of course, a couple of replies said that the price was unreal, and another one said he got an aftermarket tube.

How about this ... take it off, and clean it up real good, and then either paint it, or have it powder coated. Install new o-rings, plug, and --- you have a new tube.

fullofvenom said:
Anyone know the part number for the whole assembly? The parts guy at a dealer nearby looked at me like I had two heads when I asked him about. After a few minutes looking at his computer, he told me he couldn't find anyhting on it. I'd like to replace the one I have. Thanks!

the Ford part # is F8ZZ-8555-AB (fits 1997 & 1998 Cobras) but was discontinued in March 2004, I do not show any on the locator but I have had customers use the 1999/01 wth some minor adjustments, it's part # is XR3Z-8555-AD. also as stated above, you can still by the fill plug and the 3 O-rings for it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread