Coolant Cross Over Deletes for ALL DOHC Mustang / Cobra by MMR

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
one question !! you know how there's been many threads about helping the cooling on the 03/04 cars ??

seems to me that. it might actually help out with the rats nest of coolant hoses on our cars. but idk ?

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Do you have a way to set it up to pull coolant from all four locations (stock front and also the 2 freeze plug locations at the rear of the heads) or would this be detrimental to the coolant fow?

Thanks,
Ken

Mberry

Established Member
Was going to wait. But this project has been put on hold. So may as well fill you guys in. The two head fittings are not easy with the eaton installed. I tightened the AN line to the fitting, then tapped the fitting to the head with a brass punch. And used an Allen with a ball end to tighten it in. No idea if it leaks yet, but as you can see I made the passenger side hose too long and it's kinked. I'm looking for a T to route my head coolant mod into the block and still have the ECU temp sensor in the block. This way I can just run a 2in hose to the radiator instead of the craziness I currently have.

The drivers side hose is too close for my comfort as well. But like I said, this isn't a running engine yet.

8609306444_d19ced69c3_b.jpg

8609306550_512de11944_b.jpg

8639032509_a1b79dbb23_b.jpg

Mberry

Established Member
More detail upon request. Just PM me.

Also I powder coated everything since Hawaii is terrible on bare aluminum parts. And buy a new thermostat housing, the OEM one doesn't work.

Part of the things I didn't thoroughly think of...

Last edited:

Anabolic

Banned
definitely in for the feedback from members, I need a cooling upgrade.
you guys know how the HCM goes to the back plug, This would be nice with quad black, both front/both rear plugs filled..

Mberry

Established Member
So will this eliminate the need for a coolant tank resivor and an ic tank

This does not mod the IC system. That's a different loop. On the right you can see my red IC tank.

This will require some sort of coolant reservoir that I don't have installed in the pic. I need to build a bracket to bolt mine to. I would reccomend something like MOROSO 63769. But MMR lists something else on the site.

If you want to keep a pressurized coolant tank, MMR makes a different block for that. But I have no idea how you would get a high point burp on that.

As for a 4point block. I don't think that is useful unless your doing a heater core delete. And I would use the black OEM heater core fitting for the back, it will fit on the drivers side head. AN fittings like the crossover deletes would be next to impossible to install with a twin screw IMHO (I havnt tested this)

A 3point block would be awesome. Unless MMR wants to drop more info since its their design.

MMR how should we fit a head cooling mod and temp sensors into the loop?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread