Coolant Blues...leaks and more...

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
I have two troubling leaks and I havent been able to pressure test yet but I have noticed two troubling things and I wanted to get some opinions on them.

95 Cobra, none of that modular whatnot.

I have steam coming up from the left and then right side (alternating) of the radiators, and I mean lengthwise ie facing the car. It seems to switch sides and it smells like antifreeze. Also, I have a liquid that is floating around my drivers side head covers lip. I cant find the source and its frustrating. Its so dirty I cant know for sure but I also believe it was coolant. What do yall think of these separate problems?

Lightning&Mach1

Established Member
It sounds like the radiator is starting to leak where the plastic ends are attached to the aluminum portion. Fix the radiator first it might take care of both your problems.

94CobraPace

Established Member
I would also say it is the radiator where the plastic and the aluminum is connected, that is where mine started to leak.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Yep, your side 'tanks' on the radiator are leaking. Shops can fix that and even order new tanks...but it may be cheaper to just order a new OEM radiator.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I have a liquid that is floating around my drivers side head covers lip.
I assume you mean the valve covers ... I'd look real close where the upper radiator hose connects to the engine - the flange & the hose clamp connection.

Users who are viewing this thread