Cool Shirt Helmet Blower Install

dlarsen

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a few of you to please post up a picture of two of where you mounted your Helmet Blower.

Also the NASA SI Rules states the the rear glass must remain so what did you do with your intake to get ambient (outside air) in as apposed to hotter cockpit air?

Thanks

Doug

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Doug,
Have you looked at GA cars? Alot of them run a naca duct in the pass side window feeding air to the inside for driver cooling. I race AI and have Lexan quarter windows but I still plan on installing a 3" naca duct in the upper rear corner of the pass side window opening. Hope this helps.

Search all42143 on summitracing.com this is the duct I just got last week.

dlarsen

Established Member
Doug,
Have you looked at GA cars? Alot of them run a naca duct in the pass side window feeding air to the inside for driver cooling. I race AI and have Lexan quarter windows but I still plan on installing a 3" naca duct in the upper rear corner of the pass side window opening. Hope this helps.

Search all42143 on summitracing.com this is the duct I just got last week.

I see............Yep it looks like I can do this but......the inlet hose is 4 inch and all the NACA ducts I can find are 3 inch.........

DSCN0641.JPG

Any pictures of installed blowers for the helmet?

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
There are plenty of silicone adapters that could be used be to jump the gap from 3"-4" but I would use a few well placed wraps of black duct tape. The tape will bridge the gap from the 3" duct to the 4" fan and secure the duct to the fan at the same time.

As for mounting the fan I would install the naca duct, route the hose to your helmet, then place the fan somewhere in between.

dlarsen

Established Member
That's the plan, attending comp school:)........so if I pass I'll be a racecar driver or is it racecar driver?

Oh, I guess it doesn't matter how you spell racecar you still get racecar............yes I'm excited!

dlarsen

Established Member
Mounted helmet blower location

Well in the absence of any other ideas here's where I mounted the blower...........

DSCF2169.jpg

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
That's cause there's no answer look in 10 different cars see 10 different setups. Bottom line they all work.

Looks good I'm going to try my naca duct w/o a fan/filter at first and go from there.

dlarsen

Established Member
That's cause there's no answer look in 10 different cars see 10 different setups. Bottom line they all work.

Looks good I'm going to try my naca duct w/o a fan/filter at first and go from there.

You're going to want some type of filter.............if it's going to your helmet.

Dust from a car in front of you WILL come in and be piped into your helmet and get into your eyes........

Or a bee/wasp/hornet will be in there and.................

I know the odds are not there for a bee/wasp/hornet, but I was riding my motorcycle some years ago and I got one in my shirt..lucky I didn't crash!

Doug

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ya that would suck, I have been known to go farming from time to time. I'll get a filter sorted for it.

For now I'm just going to direct it over towards the seat for driver cooling. I haven't fabbed the snorkel for the left side of my helmet yet.

Users who are viewing this thread