Cool but unrealistic idea of onboard airjacks

Michael Plackis

Established Member
I was just watching some videos of F1 cars and this idea came to me. I was curious if it would be remotely possible to install a compressed air powered jacking system onboard. There's a few companies that make universal kits. Just thinking of how convenient this would be if you got a flat away from home and had a small air tank in the trunk or for lower cars like myself who have trouble getting jacks under their cars.
I imagine this would take substantial custom fabrication but just a cool idea I was kicking around.
Let me know what you guys think.
Maybe in a year or two I can be a guinea pig for this

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think the hard part would be mounting the cylinders themselves. Finding the placement and room for them. The rest I would imagine is close to setting up an air ride system.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Slo984
I was thinking the same thing due to the unibody construction of our cars.
There aren't many solid places to mount something vertically like that. I was thinking you could work off the frame rails and send the front cylinders up by the fire wall area and the rears working off the back of the frame rails closer to the trunk/under rear seats

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94slowbra1

Established Member
Sounds like a shit load of work. My car is slammed and has side splitters on it and i use a low profile jack with no issues. If that doesn't work the install a jacking rail that ties into the subframe connectors. I also have these just in case I can't reach the subframe.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Not to nitpick but F1 cars don't have pneumatic jacks, they have a guy with what is essentially a lever (front and back). Probably thinking Indy?

F1:
204838d1254925151-pics-video-red-bull-formula-1-car-assembly-engine-fire-up-mumbai-p1000799.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know a couple of guys that have installed AirJax on their vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread