Cool 1996 Article Comparing Cobra vs. Camaro Z28 vs. Firebird WS6

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
I found this article about 2 years ago when I started searching for more information about 96-98 Cobras. Its pretty cool because it shows how the Cobra did against the competition when Ford first debuted the 32V 4.6 in Cobra. I randomly stumbled across it again today and thought I'd share, you might of read it but if you haven't its definitley worth a look.

Be sure not to miss the "Sidebar Articles" below the introduction paragraph to get the whole story. Anyways here it is:

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/42526/index.html

Paul

sLOWDOHC

Established Member
I actually purchased that issue on ebay a few years ago. Where it is now, I dont know. In the garage somewhere I think. Pretty cool article no doubt.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Quote:
what you get is power that builds gradually until you suddenly realize the world is rushing by you pretty quickly

That's a very good description of the 4v. Feels alot slower than it actually is. It's too bad they didn't discuss more than just quarter mile times though. I'd like to see how they all stack up.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Bring on some more. I like reading what the magazines thought about these cars when they were new. Since I was only 15 when my car was made and not quite into cars yet I missed out on all the articles.

Users who are viewing this thread