Convertibles, is the "chassis" stiff enough?

jrscobra

blank
Established Member
I have a 2008 GT California Special. I've purchased my supercharger and am planning out the engine build. During the process, I've noticed a lack of subframe connectors for my car.

I talked to a member of Steeda, and was told that my car is already braced pretty good and I should only worry about adding driveshaft loop and focus on suspension upgrades.

anyone with any input here would be greatly appreciated.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
nowadays the vert models are pretty beefed up, and this added rigidity usually carries over to the hardtop models as well.

Not to say though that you wouldnt benefit from the added rigidity a set of FL-SFC's would add.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Kyle's vert feels like a wet noodle compared to my GT coupe or vortechlx's cobra coupe.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I have a 2008 GT California Special. I've purchased my supercharger and am planning out the engine build. During the process, I've noticed a lack of subframe connectors for my car.

I talked to a member of Steeda, and was told that my car is already braced pretty good and I should only worry about adding driveshaft loop and focus on suspension upgrades.

anyone with any input here would be greatly appreciated.

I was going to say Horseshit! then I noticed that you have a 2008 LOL! I haven't driven an 08 but I can say from experience that subframes are a must have. I will never own a mustang of any variety without them.

Users who are viewing this thread