Convertible Window Alignment

ttbit

Long Time Mustang Fan
Established Member
I am not having much luck finding any info online about this, so I thought I would throw this by you folks.

This is my first convert so I am new to some of this. My driver's side window does not line up with the rear quarter window. There is a gap. Not front to rear, but they don't touch each other all the way down when the door is closed. In my Ford manual on DVD is says the rear windows has 6 adjustments and the door window only has a stop adjustment. So...I pulled apart the rear of the car to look at the rear window. Someone had attempted this before, I guess, as there are marks and bent metal where the assy bolts to the body. I am not having much success either. If I adjust the window more (trying to get it to tilt toward the outside of the car as much as possible) it will have a hard time going up as it is pushed up hard against the molding and stop. I also risk it damaging the glass on the molding screws. I was wondering why one of those screws was missing... Old damage to the window remains. Nothing major, but deep scratches show an alignment issue in the past.

The door window is already pushed in (toward the interior) where it is hard to shut the door. It is grabbing the front molding on the pillar pretty early on. I think someone put both windows to opposite extremes, but they are still not lining up enough.

Anyone have an alignment procedure so I don't make matters worse? The manual I have on DVD does not have a procedure. The door gap is a little wide from the rear quarter to the door, but I see no previous attempt at aligning the door. This one looks better than the passenger door in some ways, but the passenger windows and top line up perfectly.

I appreciate any input here.

Don

ttbit

Long Time Mustang Fan
Established Member
Rear window was out of alignment. Was able to get it lined up.

It took some work, but a body shop pointed out where they thought it needed help, and is what I thought also. We think someone had bent the window assy at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread