Convertible top... lookiing for ideas

2004Droptop

Established Member
:shrug: When the top is going up it seems to get hung up on the passenger side for a moment then goes up, almost like binding. I looked at it going up and the top is not catching anywhere. Any ideas, besides getting a hardtop! Thanks

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Will have to check mine I have never noticed it doing that

slickblack

Established Member
My '03 Cobra does the same thing. My parents '04 6 cylinder top goes up perfectly even. Weird. As long as the top goes up and down every time, I will not be concerned.

Excessv

Established Member
Mine works fine but if you watch closely you will see a slight jump or bounce on the pass side when it is put up. Nothing when .you put it down, seems to bee 100% normal!

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
:shrug: When the top is going up it seems to get hung up on the passenger side for a moment then goes up, almost like binding. I looked at it going up and the top is not catching anywhere. Any ideas, besides getting a hardtop! Thanks

Mine has a "catch" in it too, also seems to be on the passenger side, and has had it since new. It catches going up and down, both happen right at the full-down position. So when putting it down right before it is fully down it pauses for half a second then "clunks" down the last inch or two.

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread