convertible top leaking? questions

SlowSOHC

faster than a civic.maybe
Established Member
I'm guessing i can post questions in the how to....

(No actually you can't there is a sticky stating this at the top of the sub forum list of How To threads.... MOVED:)
anyway i have a 03 vert and my top is leaking into the leather boot behind the rear seat. Does anyone know what is causing this? also ive noticed after an extemely bad rain, behind both front seats are getting wet on the floor board, again anything?

brownsvo

Chrome of Mystic
Established Member
your back windshield is likely ripped at the top and sagging, allowing the pool of water to bleed in at the bottem of the windshield. check towards the top of the rear windsheild and if its ripped look forward to buying a new one.

03Gunner

Established Member
I'm guessing i can post questions in the how to....
anyway i have a 03 vert and my top is leaking into the leather boot behind the rear seat. Does anyone know what is causing this? also ive noticed after an extemely bad rain, behind both front seats are getting wet on the floor board, again anything?

I had the same problems, for the leaking behind the backseat into the boot area, it's most likely the back glass the threads in the stitching around the back glass have come apart which allows water to seep in.

For the back floor boards behind the seats being wet it could be you have a gap between the top and the glass or between the rear and front door glass. If there is are noticeable gaps look at where the top clamps to the front windshield and see if the gap is even on both sides. There are few convertible top adjustments you can do to correct the gaps.

If you are interested, I can try to send you the info.

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
Hello all !

I just read this post, im suffering of leaking on my top , is the part that everyone describes , the part with the rear window , on the corners it is cracked and Im gueesing that my top is still the original one , cause when I was looking for the leak I just heard a crack sound and I saw that I was breaking the top , its this part .

http://www.americanmuscle.com/glass-convertible-window-9404heat.html

So I wanted to ask you all , if this part with the rear windows has fix, I mean if I take out this part and patch it , I could get fixed? or I have to definetly replace this piece ?

Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread