Convertible Top Care?

Old Stang

Established Member
I really enjoy all the information that can be found on this forum. I'm in the process of selecting car care products and have been following the threads on cleaning and waxes that are available. My question is what do people like for their convertible tops for cleaners and protectants? What do you do when a bird takes a dump on the vert top?

ALA G8R

Banned
I use RaggTopp cleaner and protectant once a season. Works great. Bought the cleaner and protector on line. Don't remember where.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I have a convertible and use the Raggtop cleaner and protectant. It comes in a kit. After the cleaning, spray on the protectant and water will bead off the top like water beads off the windshield after applying rain-x. I highly recommend it.

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: Used Raggtop on my vert a year ago and water still beads beautifully on the top. Have already bought a second can of the stuff for the upcoming Florida wet season. Highly recommend it.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
http://www.topoftheline.com/ragcomkit.html
Cheapest raggtopp cleaner and protectant kit 2 bottles $22.95

http://www.topoftheline.com/raggtopp-vinyl-protectant.html
protectant for the vert boot. $13.95

Our tops are Haartz and this is the approved cleaners and protectants that everyone already mentioned from the fabric manufacture of the top.

For a side note you can carefully spray some protectant on your driver seat where you slide over but just so sparingly. The recomended this to reduce wear from sliding on leather (high wear area)

http://www.alcantara.it/istituzionale/manutenzione_inglese.pdf
This is the for the seat insert fabric of your seats (if not 10th car)
Cleaning procedures (its not leather like most think)

stevieb

Established Member
Great stuff, thanks for the info.
Hey, Does any body know what to use on the dash and interior plastic/vinyl without getting the glossy armor all look? I want to keep mine a dull finish just like it came from the factory. Any tips would be appreciated Thanks guys!:beer:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Call top of the line and they have a water based concentrate that is nice.

Also can use it on your tires and wont crack them long term. Really only matters for folks like me where my tires will rot before they ever wear out.

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Team svt recommends a product made by wolff. I dont remember exactly what it is called. Call them 1-800-team-svt. Our cars have the same fabric top that come on the jaguar. The product is close to 40 bucks. I am going to call them to get them name again and use itmyself.

JC

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by THE FLASH
Team svt recommends a product made by wolff. I dont remember exactly what it is called. Call them 1-800-team-svt. Our cars have the same fabric top that come on the jaguar. The product is close to 40 bucks. I am going to call them to get them name again and use itmyself.

JC

The wolf products is the raggtopp just the main company. The sites I posted earlier in the thread are the cheapest for the wolf/raggtopp or yes there are places that charge over dble for the same bottle. just a FYI you can buy me a beer with the money I just saved you.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Tricky tip of the day

Because your talking ragg top spray

Lightly I mean lighty spray the ragg top on the bottom of your seat where you slide in on the edge for wear. Remove it with cleaner each time you condition your seats. (doesnt breath but keeps wear to min) but make your but or legs slide easy and doesnt wear out seat, Normally the worst spot in your whole car for wear.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
thanks Cobra10thaniv, I just ordered
the kit.

I also use the lint roller, it works great.
I use the one with the removeable
strips you just peel it as they get dirty
..great product.

hmwave

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Tricky tip of the day

Because your talking ragg top spray

Lightly I mean lighty spray the ragg top on the bottom of your seat where you slide in on the edge for wear. Remove it with cleaner each time you condition your seats. (doesnt breath but keeps wear to min) but make your but or legs slide easy and doesnt wear out seat, Normally the worst spot in your whole car for wear.

Exactly where? Piccy?

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Spray here

Spray on this spot, the back upright isnt as important as bottom.
Hope this helps

Fang

Established Member
Originally posted by 1devdog
Dont forget the lint lifter roller from walmart that picks up the lint.

At least some of you are as anal as I am. That is scary!

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
same 2 bottles that come in the kit

yep same stuff sold at http://www.topoftheline.com/ragcomkit.html

for 22.95 cheapest on the net I can find some places sell it for double

How much did you have to pay for your 2 bottles capello

Fang I also use the lint roller for the underhood blanket for lint removal for the car shows

Last edited:

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
does anyone sell this stuff locally. I deploy in a few days and don't have time to wait before I store it.

Users who are viewing this thread