Convertible stock height

Live Wire

Established Member
Hey gang...

Looking for the stock ride height for the 03 convertibles. I searched SVTP and found a few sources, but they varied quite a bit and none were convertibles. Checked CobraBob's FAQ, but it wasn't listed there. I'm the third owner of my car and previous owner did none of the modifications and was clueless that it was even lowered despite the blue springs! My ride height from ground to top of fender lip is 26 1/4" up front and 26 3/4" in the rear... sitting on 275/40 and stock SVT rims.

Didn't know if there was an official spec from Ford somewhere on this.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Icecold

Established Member
I just cut my springs this weekend on my fully stock cobra vert. My fronts measured from the ground to the wheel well 27 1/8, and my rears were a 1/4 off ... rear left was 28 rear right was 28 1/4. Hope that helps.

futureSVT

Established Member
^ yea same here just measured mine rear was 28 and front 27 1/8 but my front was off my 1/2inch on either side.. OP yea if you have blue springs thats not stock..

SpectorV

Established Member
stock ground to the edge of the fender (highest most point) is 28.25~ there about. My cobra is lowered with H&R race and is 26.0 front and 26.5 rear so you are close to that, its lowered.

Live Wire

Established Member
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback. The ride is a little rough over bumpy Detroit roads, but the stance is great and I couldn't see ever changing that.

Users who are viewing this thread