Convertible Speakers

03snkvert

Established Member
Ok, I know this has been beaten more than a dead horse, but I cant find the answers I am looking for.

I have a 2003 Convertible, and I have put in the Pioneer AVH P4300dvd Double din deck in, but I want to put in an aftermarket amp and speakers now.

This is what I was thinking:

Amp: Alpine MRV F300 4 Channel Amp
Front Speakers: Alpine SPR60c 2 way Speaker
Side Speakers: Alpine SPR60 2 way Component Speaker

Adapter: Scoshe Adapters SA68

I was also wondering, if I could go with something like a Kicker 6-3/4" Shallow Mount sub in the Rear Sides (Kicker 40CWRT671 CompRT shallow-mount 6-3/4" subwoofer with dual 1-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com)

I don't need anything Super Loud, just want to clean up the sound and maybe get a little bit of bass!

Last edited:

03snkvert

Established Member
Does anyone have any opinions on this?

I went ahead and got the:

MRV-F300
SPR-60C's
SPR-60

Wondering if I should have went with 2 sets of the SPR-60C's or if the Coaxial speakers for the rear will be good. I thought that 2 sets of the 60C's might be too bright!

OutKast

SVT=Fast
Established Member
Hey, I have installed the kickers in the back seat speaker boxes. The kickers are a little bigger than the stock opening. If u don't want to cut anything, pass on them. 6.5 is the biggest u would want to get. The other issue with the kickers is that the air space in the factory box is a little on the small side. The box does flex a little as well. I am going to build a custom one to replace the factory one At some point, so I cut the factory one. I didn't look at the alpines u got specifically, but just in case you don't know, there are 4 - two inch tweeters, two by the mirrors and two in the back seat speaker boxes. These do not run through the factory amp, and can remain powered by the head unit. These could supplant the need for installing the tweeter with the component set. Pay attention to wiring the new speakers to the new amp. The factory speakers are paralleled, the fronts together and the backs together. Each pair has it's own factory amp. Other than that, you should be good with what you got. It should definitely sound better. The factory paper cone with 6ohm coil don't age well. Hopes this helps a little.

03snkvert

Established Member
Thanks, that does help. Hopefully I will start tearing the car apart next week, it is still pretty cold here, so I am not in a big hurrry!

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
I bought the Alpine INA w910 (with a small alpine amplifier) and got the type R Alpine (same as yours but no components). Ended up installing them and 2 ordinance 8" powered subs. After installing cams and dynomat all the interior and trunk, realized the sound was not loud enough. I had to start again and did the following.

Same stereo but got the alpine type R components 61/2" front and back. Installed the PDX-f6 for the component speakers and an PDX-m12 for 2 10" type R in the rear seat delete that I'm working on.

The rear seat delete/sub box should be done by friday next week. I will send you more pics.

Do it right once and you will save money and time. All alpine products can be found way cheaper on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread