Convertible - rear window not working - up or down

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
passenger side window had some intermittent issues - and now has totally died. Any suggested course of action? Not sure if it's a switch or a motor that's given up. Appreciate any guidance.

R15393

Established Member
I was thinking passenger window not the rear window. It's been a long time since I had my 03 vert. The drivers switch only controls the rear windows. I'd take switch out and take it apart and clean contacts. Now that both rear windows are having issues, I'd lean towards contacts in switch are dirty

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
passenger side window had some intermittent issues - and now has totally died. Any suggested course of action? Not sure if it's a switch or a motor that's given up. Appreciate any guidance.

Just replaced a switch on my friends car. His just died and wouldn’t make any noises at all. The motor wouldn’t even try and go up. Does yours have any signs of it going up or down or is it flat dead? If it’s showing zero signs of life, I’d replace the switch. We ordered one from LMR as the dealer discontinued the part. Also replaced his passenger window switch as the window was only able to be controlled thru the driver switch. Replaced that switch and it works just fine. The bad part about all these little issues is that the car only has 15k miles but it sits for such a long time that stuff is just rotting away. His radio volume control knob does what it wants. You try and adjust it a bit and it rockets to 100% almost instantly. With the radio off you have to exercise the volume to get it to act properly. Came out one day and the vert hydraulic system was leaking oil all under the car. All from the car just sitting for too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you try the hammer trick? Hold the button and hit the motor with a hammer. Obviously don’t try and take all your 2020 anger out on the thing but don’t be afraid to give it a little juice

Tunedprt91

Established Member
My 96 had the issue of my driver rear window not wanting to go up or down. Went to the parts store, put in a new switch, and started working again.

Users who are viewing this thread