Convertible Long Tube Header Fitment

Quick Strike

Established Member
I used the search, and did not find an answer. I would like to put 1 3/4" primary long tube headers on my convertible 03 Cobra. SLP requires notching and gusseting the K member on the convertible. I don't want to cut the car unless it is absolutely necessary. Is there a 1 3/4" long tube header that fits the stock 03 convertible without issues? I would like to know from those who have have them. I am also lowered with H&R race springs and can not have them hang too low.

Thanks - Steve

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Why do you want headers with 1 3/4 primaries?
From what I've read only the major HP car would benefit from that kind of flow.
We have similar combos and I run the MAC with 1 5/8" primaries.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Why do you want headers with 1 3/4 primaries?

My car is undergoing a major transformation, but I have not changed my signature yet. I had the heads ported and added larger SS valves. I have some custom PD cams and a used KB 2.8H. I also picked up all the good bolts and internals. I am working on pistons depending on the needs of the bores (engine is at the machine shop). Kenne bell tells me I might even need a 2" header for the race tune.

I figured a 1 3/4" or 1 7/8" primary would be a a good compromise. So, I was looking at a set of SLPs as I found a cheap X for it, but the guy at SLP said I would have to notch and gusset the K-member 2" on both sides top make them fit a convertible. I don't want to do things to this car that are hard to return to normal. I bought it new and have all of the original parts. I just want a set of larger headers that fit my vert as is.

Users who are viewing this thread