Converter for JT (Paxton)

CSG

Established Member
I have something that I would like more info. on. Typically we always aim for a stall speed on a drag car that is a few hundred RPM's lower than the RPM where peak torque happens. On the Paxton Coyote cars most people run a 2C with some running a 3C (for the most part). These cars do well and I see a lot of 1.3 sixties out of them. Question is would these cars perform better with more stall? and if not then why not? I need to decide if I want to have my converter re-stalled and if so then to what.

calebnumber3

Established Member
As to your question I don't know, but I hope. I have a 4c on the way and may eventually do a Paxton if I get tired of filling the bottle lol

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
in theory, the higher you get to peak torque, the better the car is going to 60'. You want the highest stall you can get, that doesn't give you any slip.

We were good on the 2c to about 1000 rwhp, with 0 slip. With 1000 we started getting a little slip. Put in a 258mm and back to 0 slip.

If the 4c is holding the power, it should 60 better. In general I like the feel of the 2c / 3c's.

CSG

Established Member
Well currently I have a 1E. My understanding is that it is tighter up top than the comparable "C" model. With the twins it stalled to about 4-4.5. I never logged the slip though. The car is somewhat big power deal with a sleeved block and all the stuff you would expect on E85.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
more torque with a screw or twins than with the Paxton. usually the screw / turbo cars we do a b. maybe chris will chime in with his recommendation

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Chris said a 2C or a 3C.

in theory, the higher you get to peak torque, the better the car is going to 60'. You want the highest stall you can get, that doesn't give you any slip.

We were good on the 2c to about 1000 rwhp, with 0 slip. With 1000 we started getting a little slip. Put in a 258mm and back to 0 slip.

If the 4c is holding the power, it should 60 better. In general I like the feel of the 2c / 3c's.

:)

Sounds like a winner!!

Users who are viewing this thread