Convert

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Am I the first? I'd also appreciate some advice on dropping the back of this beauty a few inches and what is the preference, a hard or soft cover. How are the factory Tonneau covers?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42563

Mac
light.jpg

Last edited:

SGTHWY

Established Member
I sold my bullitt last month for my lightning. I had reasonable mods on the bullitt and thought I had power but this truck kicks butt! On the tonneau cover I have found the factory one to fit good and have had no problems so far at higher speeds. I too may be interested in a hard cover depending on what I read on these boards. Best info around!

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
I am running the Eibach 1" drop springs in the front. No handling lost and still corners like a champ. I am also running the Eibach 2" drop shackles in the rear, but only have it dropped 1" since I have been towing a lot of stuff. Here is a pic of my '03 L. Getting ready to drop the back the other 1" though.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Oh, and no worries with the factory bedcover. Been to a 130 mph and it never budged. After I get home from Korea, I am getting a flush mount fiberglass one though.
:beer:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Anyone have a link to a Company selling the factory covers?

Thanks LL for the heads up on the Belltech.... First order of business tomorrow!

Mac...

aleon

Established Member
Gaylord makes really good (expensive) hardcovers and Extang makes (IMO) the best soft covers around. I have an Extang cover that I ordered directly through them. No problems so far. Makes a HUGE difference at higher speeds. Forgot the website though. Do a little research and you should be able to find it. :beer:

TrueBlueSVT

Established Member
I'm running the factory soft cover mostly because of the fact it's easy to get off before heading to the track. Oh yeah, I'm also looking at roll cages to put in my truck before I do my internals and I saw a pic of a cage that went through the soft cover...pretty cool:)

BlownSVT00

Established Member
Although the Ford factory soft tonneau is a very good one. I am just not a fan of ANY soft tonneau..............so this is what I bought. It is a SnugLid from Snugtop. I found a dealer on line and it was shipped to me PAINTED $900 with shipping (this was from MO to SC). I love it.

BlownSVT00

Established Member
Thanks.............you don't live in the Southeast.......or you would understand why most of the L's around here are WHITE. All 3 of my vehicles are some form of WHITE.........no sweating here.......not to mention.........even when they are dirty......they don't look it.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
yeah, that's the only bad thing about the sonic blue...bitch to keep clean, but looks awesome when it is clean!!

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
A guy who lives near me has a '99 with factory soft cover. Looks good, but the rear corners are curving up, from shrinkage I guess.

I have a Stockland (out of business) hard cover on mine, and a Snugtop hardcover on my '98 flareside supercab. I wish I would've gotten the Innovation hard cover.

Paul

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I like the factory cover....kinda wish i did have a hard cover that lifted up though

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I ended up getting the "factory" snapless soft cover. I'm not sure who really manufactures the cover, but it does have a FORD tag at the back. I paid 275 for the cover and it looks great.

I think the corners are going to be a problem down the road. They "kind of" stick up now. Is there a solution to this problem?

400 miles and running GREAT! I love this TRUCK!

Does anyone make a 2 pillar gauge pod that allows retaining the grab handle? I've seen several, but none with the grab handle attachable.

Mac

'

Users who are viewing this thread