convert hardtop

triplethreat

does anyone have this hard top? What do you guys think of it? I dont think the lines match up. If there are people with it do you have any pics?

LINK: Smooth Line Custom Removable Hardtops

MustangFrontView.gif

MustangProfile.gif

MustangBackView.gif

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
It looks a little odd with the S197-style side window. If it was shaped more like a New Edge window it would look better IMO.

PureStang

Established Member
i think that if they engineered it to use the acutal window from the car it would look better..that and a larger rear window....

i remember the 95? convertable cobras had a removable hard top for a limited run

triplethreat

but how often do you see the old cobras with the hard top? If i remember correctly you could use the style bar with the old hard top. I agree with you guys on the look. it cost like $2K w/out options (ie sun roof, window scoops ect). Then on top of that paying to modd the rear window and side windows. not worth it to me but good attempt.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
i think that if they engineered it to use the acutal window from the car it would look better..that and a larger rear window....

i remember the 95? convertable cobras had a removable hard top for a limited run

Yeah they only made 499 of them and they were all black but the top looked perfect on the car unlike this one.. I think if they redesigned it to look like a new edge instead of the ugly s197 it might not be too bad.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
looks like someone took a sawzall to the roof, changed his mind, and this was the result

Users who are viewing this thread