control arms/ wheel hop question

damon94

Established Member
Im about to order
JM-23980R J&M 07-09 GT500 Street Upper Control Arms (Red)
and
JM-23861R J&M 07-09 GT500 STREET Lower Control Arms (Red)
for my 07. I also ordered some new 555r's for the rear also.

My question is will this get rid of the wheel hop? Everything else is completly stock on the car. Also anyone have any idea what the dealership charges to install these?

Also if anyone has a hookup on them the quoted price shipped is 231.47 if I can get them cheaper somewhere let me know. Going to be buying them after work tomorrow.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
Cured my wheel hop. I also installed heim jointed,adjustable panhard bar because I am running FRPP lowering springs. Those four items changed the whole handling profile of the car. Street and Drag strip. ALL my purchases are from Lethal...

cobrkilrl

Established Member
I ordered the UPR UCA, LCA's and Adjustable Pan Hard bar and relocation brackets from Lethal Performance. Had everything in 3 days. You don't need the relocation brackets, I just had them installed for future plans and didn't want to have to do it then. You really only need a good UCA for street use. The pan hard bar will put your rear axle back in line. If you notice, the left tire sticks out about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch more than the right. I had the SVT mechanic at the dealership where I bought the care install everything. He kept it all day and charged me 325.00 for everything. Well worth it for me because I have no mechanical skills when it comes to cars. Call the guys at Lethal Performance (877-253-8425) and they will tell you what you need and order the parts for you while your on the phone. They are the only ones to buy parts from for these mustangs. Great customer service. All of these items completely eliminated my wheel hop.

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Im about to order
JM-23980R J&M 07-09 GT500 Street Upper Control Arms (Red)
and
JM-23861R J&M 07-09 GT500 STREET Lower Control Arms (Red)
for my 07. I also ordered some new 555r's for the rear also.

My question is will this get rid of the wheel hop? Everything else is completly stock on the car. Also anyone have any idea what the dealership charges to install these?

Also if anyone has a hookup on them the quoted price shipped is 231.47 if I can get them cheaper somewhere let me know. Going to be buying them after work tomorrow.

I'm running the J&M U/LCAs and some CHE relocation brackets, totally different car, zero wheelhop and hooks real good on the BF drs :rockon:

Lethal is an excellent place, as is arts parts on S197.com

superman112

Established Member
im lookinmg at this very same set up. Now the UCAs yiou have listed are the non adjustables ones.. if im planning on NOT lowering the car, will these work for me? Now Im not planning on tracking he car, just "spirited" street driving. Do I still need the LCAs as well or can I get away with just the uppers?? Also thinking of eventually running Nittos DR 305/40/18s on stock rims.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
If you plan on lowering or ever getting a 1 piece drive shaft a adjustable is a must. just get a adjustable and be done with it. I dont care whos you buy they pretty much all will do the same but just go ahead and get a adjustable.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
Most of the benifit from these arms comes from getting rid of the large rubber mounts and replacing them with either heims joints or polyurathane mounts which have less movement. Beefier arms help as well with flex.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
I installed the Roush "Wheel Hop Reduction Kit" Which is an upper control arm and upper bracket. I also, just for good measure, installed the Roush Billet Lower Control arms. My car has no wheel hop issuses now and rides nice with no clunking, no creaks/moans etc. I went with the Roush parts because they still use a rubber bushing albeit a harder durometer and smaller bushing than the oem uca. Urethane bushings are typically prone to sqeeking and ripping over time & mileage which is something I did not want to chance on my daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread