control arm suggestions

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I am partial to the Steeda double adjustables. Just make sure to get the urethane/delrin bushings in any you buy. Most still use the stock rubber bushings for the uppers where they mount to the pumpkin. I think this is just not good for prevent deflection. My car is light and it made the rear feel unstable under spirited cornering. Once the Urethane bushings were installed it settled the car down a good bit. Most of the DRAG specific arms have metal bushings even. ;-)

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
GR8WHITE said:
I am partial to the Steeda double adjustables. Just make sure to get the urethane/delrin bushings in any you buy. Most still use the stock rubber bushings for the uppers where they mount to the pumpkin. I think this is just not good for prevent deflection. My car is light and it made the rear feel unstable under spirited cornering. Once the Urethane bushings were installed it settled the car down a good bit. Most of the DRAG specific arms have metal bushings even. ;-)

You do not want to use urethane bushings in the upper control arms because it causes severe binding that why everyone uses rubber for the uppers. To answer the topic though MM has a good adjustable lowers

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Shangsta said:
You do not want to use urethane bushings in the upper control arms because it causes severe binding that why everyone uses rubber for the uppers. To answer the topic though MM has a good adjustable lowers
Then why do drag racers often have the metal sets in place? It doesn't bind in my car because the rear axle can not move as much as it used to with the rubber ones. :beer:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Shangsta said:
because drag racers dont turn hard. If you do any sort of cornering with the poly bushing it will bind. maximum and steeda recomened using rubber with their uppers

I follow what you are saying, but the urethane should keep the axle more positively located I would think. My thinking is that with less movement, there would be less bind or chances thereof. The pivot point doesn't change, it just won't allow the axle to deflect as much.

Here is the info off of Steeda's site. :beer:
555-4103
Spherical Upper Control Arm Bushings $109.00

Product Details
Another perfect addition to your racing suspension system. These bushings eliminate binding and allow for super high horsepower applications to retain their "stock type" suspension systems.

Fits Model Year:
79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04

Steeda Aluminum Upper Rear Control Arms
Aluminum Upper Rear Control Arms
1979-1997(1/2)
1999-2004*
1997(1/2)- 1998 call for info
The perfect compliment to our aluminum lowers. Get rid of the unwanted side to side "sloshing" and rear-end "wiggle". High strength, heat treated aluminum alloy resists flexing at 1/3 the weight of other control arms. Multiple-density bushings help eliminate the noise, vibration, and suspension bind problems found with some control arms on the market. The results: racing traction and control, with the smoothness of a street car.

NOTE: *Does not fit 1999-2002 Cobra

Made from high strength, heat treated 6061 T-6 Aluminum alloy

25% lighter than factory control arms; less than one third the weight of other aftermarket steel control arms
Heat treated and TIG welded for maximum strength
Exclusive three part, two phase bushing
Center bushing reduces deflection for Maximum Traction
Special outer bushings-reduce suspension bind for better stability over uneven pavement
Improved handling

Better ride quality and less noise than hard or solid bushings
Won't damage upper "torque boxes" like other arms with solid bushings
Custom length to improve pinion angle
More traction
Better suspension geometry for lowered cars
Easy bolt-on installation!
© 2003 STEEDA AUTOSPORTS INC. All Rights Reserved. 1351 NW Steeda Way Pompano Beach, Florida 33069

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread