Continental ExtremeContact DWS vs BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2

A.T

Established Member
Has anyone compared these two tires? I'm not going to do a DR, and thinking of going to 18s.

svtaddict

Established Member
i had kdw2s in the rear of my cobra and they only lasted about 8k miles just to let you know. at 475rwhp they did not provide very good traction. things got violent fast. i was running 315/30/18s. also once you go to 18s tires get very expensive. (VERY EXPENSIVE) they do look good though. about the only option for tires on these cars are some kind of r-compound tire in the rear or spend 1k just on your rear tires. now i run r888s and am in love with them. i want them to have my children.

Last edited:

jvc1990

Established Member
Extreme contact des

I have extreme contact dws on my 01 cobra.the car is stock except for minor bolt ons.the extreme contact dws really hook up.the tires are expensive but I like them. My tires are 275/35/18. They are pretty soft I think the tread wear is 320.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
ive got 295 kdw's in the rear on my whipple cobra...and it holds complete WOT from a roll in 3rd. Cant ask for much more from a street tire imo

bob.white

Noobie
Established Member
I have the Conti's on my car in 265 up front and 295 out back. It will break them loose if you punch it low down in first, but other than that, they hook really well. My car isn't making alot of power, but it's definitely more than a stock one. The only down side to them that I have noticed, is the price. I got lucky and the dealership I got the car from put them on for free, but it cost them around $1,200 for a set. They do look really great on the car and they are also pretty good in the rain too.

Matt

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Sounds split. How about on a hard/medium take off? Not dumping the clutch.

obviously i dont expect them to hold from a dig with 580rwhp. but i had a set of 305 555R's on it prior and it would spin them in 2nd from a roll too. At least with these, if i get caught in the rain, no big deal.

nickf2005

Established Member
FWIW, there are several Shelby guys around running the DW/DWS and are happy with them. I plan on going that route after the stock CrapYears wear out. Oh, the challenges of high horsepower!

Good luck.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the DW continentals and they hook up pretty good and are great in the rain. I would not get the DWS, those are for snow also. The DW is for dry and wet conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread