Continental ExtremeContact DW?

Intervention302

Established Member
Anybody have experience or heard anything with the new Continental ExtremeContact DW? not the DWS which are the All Season version

I need some new tires for the Mustang when I take it out of storage. Not sure on these of the Nitto Invos? Looking for a 275/35/19. I currently have 255/40/19 Pirelli PZeros which are amazing for handling, but will struggle to hit 12,000 mmiles. Damn 220 treadwear rating

I had the Invos on my previous Mustang and they were excellent, although a little too quick wearing for me/my driving. The DW's seem like to be comparable in performance, but be able to last a bit longer. They will never be drag raced but they will be autocrossed a few times

Traditionally I thought Continentals sucked a big one, so I am cautious. Any help would be much appreciated

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I got 4 Continental ExtremeContact DWS's in today after reading nothing but absolute praises being sung for them. However, they are for my wife's VW Jetta and not a mustang. I'm not too sure I would buy them for my Cobra. They are warrantied for 50,000 miles and not aggressive enough, imo.

Intervention302

Established Member
I got 4 Continental ExtremeContact DWS's in today after reading nothing but absolute praises being sung for them. However, they are for my wife's VW Jetta and not a mustang. I'm not too sure I would buy them for my Cobra. They are warrantied for 50,000 miles and not aggressive enough, imo.

Well thats the DWS, not the DW. The S makes it an all season tire and much less aggressive

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The DW is an awesome tire. If you're looking for performance with out sacrificing to much tread wear, the DW would be a great pick.

Another excellent option look into is the Hankook Ventus V12.

Intervention302

Established Member
I think those DW's got my name on them...

Could you PM me a price shipped to 03032 for 4 275/35/19's? Your site is down at the moment

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We do not stck the DW in the 275/5-19 size but we can order a set in for you. Our current cost per tire is $264.00 each with FREE delivery and no Tax to NH. As always we guarantee the lowest delivered price.

Intervention302

Established Member
We do not stck the DW in the 275/5-19 size but we can order a set in for you. Our current cost per tire is $264.00 each with FREE delivery and no Tax to NH. As always we guarantee the lowest delivered price.

That is the lowest price, you guys are great.

I'll be getting in contact with you guys in the Spring!

Users who are viewing this thread