contemplating higher horse power

svtjerrod

Established Member
hey guys hoping someone will push me over the edge and talk me into doing stage 5 port rebiuld strip etc... with 6lb lower and programmer and tune of course... still stock exhaust still stock air box(may cut the bottom out though i dunno) also new plugs, and lower temp t-stat the 160 i think

tell me how much different it would feel from the way it does now?? will it be a huge increase... like what kind of time will it cut off of et.. like if it was running a 13.9 now???? i really wanna be in the twelves i think a 5,000 pound truck running with a z-28 would be the coolest thing since superchargers...

would boost bypass actually cut some time off the quarter et??? i understand that the stock setup has it cutting boost at the shift points so does it make a difference??

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
I've got similar mods to what your describing (in sig) and its a whole new animal. Stock I ran 13.83, modded 12.97 and with slicks 12.60. I've smoked vettes, WS6's, Mustangs....its a lot of fun. You get some weird looks.

And I have no boost bypass.

Shiza!! I see your in MS. PM me about my experience with JMS (Lucedale, MS). I was stationed in Gulfport for 4 years.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
With the right set up, a ported blower and 6lber can get u in the mid 12's(or better) and trapping 110.

But remember, some people last years with a 6lbers, and some dont.

Last edited:

svtjerrod

Established Member
With the right set up, a ported blower and 6lber can get u in the mid 12's(or better) and trapping 110.

But remember, some people last years with a 6lbers, and some dont.

ok what do you mean? the motor trashed or charger trashed? steigmeier says that they will rebuild the front drive and do some improvements which will help it survive the faster rotor speed. more clearance in certain areas and the rotors will be stripped which will prevent flakeing. they say it should be safe.. u have had bad experience? please elaborate...

ZZZZAP

Striking twice
Established Member
What mods do you have so far? A stage 5 port, 6lb lower and tune will put you in the mid 12's no problem. Just make sure you have the supporting mods like a MAFia or SCT meter with a D/S loop and some traction bars. I've been running a 6lb lower, ported eaton (by a local guy not Steig), JLT combo for a while now with a tune from WMS with no problems.

fishingfox

Established Member
When I did my stage V setup, I put the stock airbox back on with a scoop behind the radiator and 4" tubing to the bottom of the box. My tuner couldn't figure out why I wasn't making more power. Put the Airaid back on and gained 16 rwhp & 26 rwtq and the conditions were not as good on the Airaid run.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
ok what do you mean?
What i mean is there are several ways to accomplish your goal. You can stay away from a ported eaton and 6lber and focus on other things like proper suspension set up along with a TQ converter. If you research some ET's, youll see that a nice 60 foot can get you in the 12's.

I've raced against a ported eaton lightning(not sure if u seen my video of that) and it does make an awesome difference. But i personally would only get mine ported if i knew i would never go twin screw for a long time. Reason is that money can be spent better places.

But the rest of the guys can tell you. Once you get a 12.99 time slip, you will want to go faster man.:bash:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread