Constant whistle from the rear ... Need input

04MC

Established Member
Hi guys. I recently had shocks (bilstein), springs (MM), MM heavy duty rear lower control arms (MMRLCA-1) ford upper arms, Urethane Pinion Snubber, standard subframe connectors, all urethane isolators, cc plates, ford racing axle girdle, new fluid, all braked pads, etc (well the list for the rear is complete) installed ... well to make it short now I am getting a whistle from the rear left (it's not my differential or any gear noise) its not the tranny (even knowing it is whistling sometimes and when I press the clutch it goes away - very normal when I had my 04 Cobra, but didn't know it was common? on 95's also???)

The whistle (the noise is somewhat similar to what I hear sometimes from the tranny at idle, but not continous) goes away when I apply the brakes. It gets faster as the speed of the car increase. I also noticed that it doesn't matter if the car is on gear or not ...

I left the car for a good ammount of time at the shop who did the install, but it is still the same. Could you guys try to help me figure out what could it be and what to check for? I know it's hard, but all input would be appreciated and also nice to see what some will say here and what the installer will ...

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
Going back to the shop again tomorrow ... it is definately something that moves and spins knowing it's constant and increases and not to mention it is embarassing to pass by people .... frustrating. have a good day everyone.

Last edited:

04MC

Established Member
Getting the tires balanced and rotated just in case, so I don't hear the BS of coud be a tire ...

04MC

Established Member
Ya that was it! Removed the pad and it was all uneven ... took some material off put it back on no more noise.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Thank You!

I believe I am having the same problem in my car
but I can't tell if it does it or not when I'm parked, its confusing me

I've come down to either the same problem as yours, or my tensioner going bad
I'll find out soon enough,I'll get my brakes checked when my new tires get put on
and im replacing the tensioners and pulleys soon too anyways

I almost forgot about the rear brakes, my friend had a similar problem in his RSX.

uofipilot

Established Member
thats what I was gonna say. I did the rear brakes (by themselves) and immediately got a squeaking noise. I took everything apart, cleaned everything, greased the slides, and put it all back together, and it went away.

Users who are viewing this thread