Console Question

Pimo

Established Member
Has anyone installed the console from an early Mustang into there Terminator. The one that has the seperate CD player and Radio. Not sure of the years. Any info on this swap would be great.

Thanks

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Are you talking about the radio/ac bezel? I swapped a 01+ double din radio bezel into my 98 Cobra, fit perfect. I don't see why the process couldn't be reversed.

Pimo

Established Member
Yea the radio ac bezel. Are the AC controls all the same dont want to modify anything that I cant change back,

CY98Cobra

Established Member
AC controls are the same.

The only thing is there is a bar that connects to the bezel in between the two dins and connects to the back of the dash. If there is a hole in your dash there it won't be a problem, but if not you will need to drill one because whatever you put in the top din rests on this bar. If you're not sure what I'm talking about let me know and I'll take a pic of my stock bezel.

Also, in order for the colors to match make sure you get one from a 99-00 stang. They changed the interior colors for 99 so anything older than that won't match without paint.

Pimo

Established Member
Cool thanks alot for the info, any chance you still have the dual single din bezel

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Yes I do. It won't match your interior though, it's black. You could probably find a 99-00 bezel on ebay in the correct color for cheap. I got my double din bezel for $20 off there.

Users who are viewing this thread