Considering SVT Focus

Tony_Montana87

BANNED!
Hey guys, im new to this site, have been surfing around it for a while though.

Well i went out on a test drive and drove a mustang gt conv. 5 SP. it was nice and fast. To bad insurance would kill me on it though, im 17.

Later i saw a black focus with the nicer rims, 6sp it was pretty fast, i read some things about it on road and track, one issue i have is at 60 mph and in 6th gear your doin about 2500 RPM? my expedition dose about.... 1500-1900 rpm at 60 and at 70-75 mph its lower then 2500 rpm. So just wondering dose this waste more gas then my 5.4L V8.

Also how is the relieabilty and duribilty of the drivetrain on the focus. Is it a nice solid sturdy drivetrain?

Also i have a big issue with the exhaust.. its not loud enough for me sounds to wimpy. I want sumtin with more growl, nothing to ricer but more grooooooowl i looked up a full exhause system for the 04 svt focus but couldnt find nothing at magnaflow, and flowmaster. What are good companies for headers. catback. exhause and all the piping involving exhause systems.

Any recomidations for the intake? and how much of a hp gain can i get from a cold air intake.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Kwik_Cobra
Hey guys, im new to this site, have been surfing around it for a while though.

Well i went out on a test drive and drove a mustang gt conv. 5 SP. it was nice and fast. To bad insurance would kill me on it though, im 17.

Later i saw a black focus with the nicer rims, 6sp it was pretty fast, i read some things about it on road and track, one issue i have is at 60 mph and in 6th gear your doin about 2500 RPM? my expedition dose about.... 1500-1900 rpm at 60 and at 70-75 mph its lower then 2500 rpm. So just wondering dose this waste more gas then my 5.4L V8.

Also how is the relieabilty and duribilty of the drivetrain on the focus. Is it a nice solid sturdy drivetrain?

Also i have a big issue with the exhaust.. its not loud enough for me sounds to wimpy. I want sumtin with more growl, nothing to ricer but more grooooooowl i looked up a full exhause system for the 04 svt focus but couldnt find nothing at magnaflow, and flowmaster. What are good companies for headers. catback. exhause and all the piping involving exhause systems.

Any recomidations for the intake? and how much of a hp gain can i get from a cold air intake.

Ok dude, on the reliability, you will get mixed responses. Some people (me) have had no problems what so ever, others have had do many problems its not even funny. Gas again is a toss up, I see an average of 20-22 mpg in the city, on the freeway you can expect around 30 mpg. I have an MBRP "cat-back" exhaust system, i love it...it sounds really good, deeper and much louder than stock. Its an awesome car, and while its not super quick in the 1/4, it can out perform most cars in its price range on the track...I love mine.

Users who are viewing this thread