Considering Smaller Pulley

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Hey guys,

I currently have a 3" 8-Rib High-Traction Pulley on my car (1st Gen S-trim) and am seeing ~10lbs of boost with my larger heat-exchanger in the after-cooler system. The car dyno'ed 562 prior to the 8 rib system and heat-exchanger upgrade at 12 lbs.

I am going to pull the trigger on a smaller pulley and am deciding between the 2.85", 2.80", or 2.75". Would like to see 12-15 lbs. Leaning towards starting in the middle at 2.80" and just seeing where that lands me. My main concern is over-spinning what my little s-trim can handle.

All input is appreciated!

Cheers,
-Mike

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Why not pull the trigger on the SI-Trim upgrade instead? That should put you at your intended boost levels or more with better blower efficiency. Not to mention the SI-Trim starts building boost at a lower rpm and faster rate than the S-Trim. This would also be accomplished while keeping the blower below max rpm. The SI-Trim upgrade would put your blower right below the T-Trim's capabilities only flowing 50cfm less.

Either way you would need to re-tune the vehicle be it smaller pulley or blower upgrade. The SI-Trim should give you a little more room to spare without worrying about overspinning it.

Last edited:

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Why not pull the trigger on the SI-Trim upgrade instead? That should put you at your intended boost levels or more with better blower efficiency. Not to mention the SI-Trim starts building boost at a lower rpm and faster rate than the S-Trim. This would also be accomplished while keeping the blower below max rpm. The SI-Trim upgrade would put your blower right below the T-Trim's capabilities only flowing 50cfm less.

Either way you would need to re-tune the vehicle be it smaller pulley or blower upgrade. The SI-Trim should give you a little more room to spare without worrying about overspinning it.

Great thought, hadn't considered that. Going to get on the horn with someone at Vortech this week and see what that might cost. Definitely like the sound of all the points you made. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread