considering selling the gt500 for a c6z ...

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
wanted to hear peoples unbiased opinions on both cars lol
ive always loved the c6z's and i have a oppurtinty to sell my the shelby and get one but want to see if anyone else has made the switch.
ive driven them and love everything about it and idc about having a back seat lol
my 07 gt500 has a 3.4 whipple full exhaust etc... makes about 750 rwhp i love it but always had my eye on a c6z
let me know what you guys think

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
The hard part is they are two completely different cars. I was looking at the Z06's before settling on the Shelby and was dead set on getting one but the wife said no it had to have a back seat for the kids. (Yes, car seats fit in the back, even the infant ones!) So that's what ultimately made me get the Shelby. It's been an awesome car for the most part but I still really want a Z06. So, after the Shelby is paid off I'll get one but for now I'm just making this as fast and as fun as I can.

mgmustang1

Established Member
The hell with the z06, get the ZR1. You will get the best of both worlds. Supercharged, Carbon fiber panels, killer brakes, and the styling the Z06 owners copy.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If you like it, then go for it. I personally drove a C6 vette and I honestly didnt like it. But if you do then thats all that matters.

Zemedici

Established Member
I coulda bought my boss's 580rwhp c6z06 for what I paid for my '15. I'm just not a vette guy. :shrug:

c6vette

Established Member
Vettes are incredible if you only need 2 seats, but personally, I'd go C7 even if it's the base car.

1st usa car

Established Member
Wife said I needed rear seats for my daughter... and the little rear seats in the GT500 will be enough for that--- otherwise I would have gotten a C6 and added a small turbo ....... but I am pretty happy with the GT500, saved some money, less of these cars around here and a forged engine is really cool because I can add never imaginable power really easily!!
Never could think of having +700whp on an M3,M5,S4,E55 -- I am done with those Euro 'muscle cars' -

nxhappy

Established Member
Too many vettes floating around. FORD is what I stick to :beer:

MattR

Established Member
Just you and the wife , vette all the way. Kids and the 4 seats are a must. That vette will rape a shelby with some head and cam work. At 3300lbs it's a lethal combo, do a full engine build and 700 hp isn't hard.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
Just you and the wife , vette all the way. Kids and the 4 seats are a must. That vette will rape a shelby with some head and cam work. At 3300lbs it's a lethal combo, do a full engine build and 700 hp isn't hard.

Idk about all that, kind of a broad statement lol

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
My buddy has an ls3 vette, poked to a 416 dynos 660 on the engine dyno. Traps 128 mph, no blower, no turbo, no N2 and no problems.

My GT500 went 11.15 @ 133 making 620whp so like I said it is a broad statement lol

MattR

Established Member
My GT500 went 11.15 @ 133 making 620whp so like I said it is a broad statement lol

His vette was in street trim, no tire changes or drag set up. It's only been on one chassis dyno, I think it put down 530 rwhp and when the engine was built 660 on an engine dyno. So take that for what it's worth, tuning tool i guess. I think the Z is still a couple hundred pounds lighter than a base vette like his. He built the engine with N2 as the plan, just never installed the kit. 2 to 300hp kit

Your car works well, nice job.

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
His vette was in street trim, no tire changes or drag set up. It's only been on one chassis dyno, I think it put down 530 rwhp and when the engine was built 660 on an engine dyno. So take that for what it's worth, tuning tool i guess. I think the Z is still a couple hundred pounds lighter than a base vette like his. He built the engine with N2 as the plan, just never installed the kit. 2 to 300hp kit

Your car works well, nice job.
Mine was as well. I drove it a hour on 93 to the track and made a pass. Then drove it back home. Thanks, It works ok but suspension needs work big time.

Users who are viewing this thread