Considering my first GT500

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
Ahh yes, I’ve seen this. It’s towards me. About 3 hours away. I almost looked at it when I was down there. They’re firm on price lol.
Yes they are firm. However, they have had it for 130 days and keep lowering the price. I told the sales girl that I would need a commitment to 18k on trade for my 2012 black on black Expedition Sport for me to even go down there and look at the stang. I figure that's 2-3 grand more than I could get private sale plus I would be saving a grand in sales tax by trading. So that's my angle if the car checks out. If anyone can suggest a good shop in the Miami Lakes area let me know.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I blew up the images the OP posted. The serial number is pretty clear. I would contact Whipple, give them that number and then, no more guessing.
Yes I saw that but maybe it's my 46 year old vision but could not quote make out what it said.

MG0h3

Established Member
Thinking it’s gonna be a Gen1 2.9 or 3.4.

My Gen2 has a 3 digit number followed by AX. They still use that sequence today.

Also the intake tube isn’t something I’ve seen before.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
That Shelby looks super clean, it has the 13/14 front splitter and tail lights, it has nav, the wheels are really nice. The car looks really amazing. Do you have Facebook? If you do, post it on the GT500 Nation page, someone will most likely know who owned it.
Those vossen wheels are a lot nicer than factory and probably about 5 grand with the tires. The fitment is impeccable. Everyone keeps poo pooing on a 2010 but for 33k, this car looks like a steal to me

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Those vossen wheels are a lot nicer than factory and probably about 5 grand with the tires. The fitment is impeccable. Everyone keeps poo pooing on a 2010 but for 33k, this car looks like a steal to me
That's what I'm saying man. It's a good price and the car has some really nice mods. I'd take a drive and go look it over

MG0h3

Established Member
Ask if they have the tuner or look for docs on where it was tuned.

Do we even know if it’s on E85?

Does the dealer know?

If it is and they are cruising it occasionally and put 91 it

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
Looks like it's sale pending now. I had all of the same questions and the sales person was clueless. If the sale does not go through, I will go check it out. If it does not pan out for me then I am going to be on the hunt for a grabber blue or a black with stripe delete and NAVI. If I find a stock one then I might look into a turbo setup. Looks like Hellion only offers the sleeper. I definitely need to do some more research

HKusp

Established Member
A lot of guys run that Hellion sleeper kit in the S550 crowd. It's very very nice. Supports a ton of power. You won't be disappointed if you go that route.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
A lot of guys run that Hellion sleeper kit in the S550 crowd. It's very very nice. Supports a ton of power. You won't be disappointed if you go that route.
Yes but I would prefer a top mount turbo setup. Does Hellion even offer one? They have it for other mustangs on their site but not the GT500. Also I am curious if the glass roof can be affected by too much torque on the car?

HKusp

Established Member
I have never heard of any issues with the glass roof. As far as the Hellion kits, I would think they have a top mount that would work. It might take some modification, but it has to be possible.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes but I would prefer a top mount turbo setup. Does Hellion even offer one? They have it for other mustangs on their site but not the GT500. Also I am curious if the glass roof can be affected by too much torque on the car?

I have never heard of any issues with the glass roof. As far as the Hellion kits, I would think they have a top mount that would work. It might take some modification, but it has to be possible.

Fwiw, the S197, can do top mount obviosuly. 04Sleepers project car looked great over the years.

Pro Dyno will ONLY install sleeper (under side) systems on the S550. There's a reason for that. What it is, I wont get into here. Research it

blubyu87gt

Established Member
FWIW when I bought my 08 GT500 the dealership was completely clueless as to the mods done, let alone if there were any tuning issues. There was also no handheld to be found.

I took the wideband out of one of my vehicles and an unmarried BDX then had a buddy meet me with a jack and and some wrenches on the test drive to install it in the down stream o2 location and check the afr / timing real quick myself.

Long story short, it was okay but I was still able to talk them down several thousand dollars because of that alone. Been driving it ever since, though it now has a Gen4 2.9, long tubes, 1050x injectors, etc etc lol

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I've revised my search to include a 2013 Boss 302 just because of how much power they can hold. Throw a big Tesla screen where the radio is and it will look up to date on the inside. It's also the perfect platform for a twin turbo with the 7500 RPM redline.

Users who are viewing this thread