Considering going lower...

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
I'm really thinking about dropping my car some more. The car is my dd, so keeping a pretty decent ride is important. I currently have H&R Sports with Bilstein shocks. What would be the best way to go lower? Thanks for any input.
IMG_0488_1.jpg

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
If you go any lower in the front you will start scraping on things, mine sits exactly where your is now and it's perfect, previously it was a half inch lower and it sucked, I couldn't even drive down roads that are crowned or the car would just drag bottom shooting sparks everywhere and ruining the k member x brace.

ARdoller

Established Member
take the isolators out of the front. it will probably put your front fender edges within an inch of the tire tread. it will give you a nice rake.

i have H&R Super Sports without the isolators in the front, with Bilstein shocks and struts. the only times i ever really have to worry about clearance, is on ridiculous slopes like driveways that i never pull into, and some speed bumps.

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
mine looks to be about the same height as yours. i can't go any lower or i'll scrape going out of the drive way and i just barely glide over speed bumps as it is. my buddy had a 2000 saleen that was not even an inch lower than mine and he hit two curbs in one day and put spider cracks all through the front bumper.

89armygt

Established Member
Thats what I did. I took the front ISO's out and like the above mentioned, is about an inch clearance. Unless I hit dip hard i dont scrape on anything. But gotta go sideways getting up drive ways. The rake is freakin sick and people say looks bad a$$ going down the highway.

jakesspv6

Established Member
i think before you do you should sell me your fogs. it should lower your front some if you get rid of your fogs from what i hear..:D

ARdoller

Established Member
the only things that scrape on the underside of my car, are the u-bolts holding the exhaust together, but thats because the guy that put it on, put all the studs facing down.

i used to have problems with the tires rubbing in the back, but that was easily fixed with two small swings to the tail pipes and small area of the fenderwell with a ball-peen hammer. but i have 315's in the back, so its naturally a tight fit for any lowered suspension. i waited about 6 months to do anything about the rubbing in the rear, which gave it enough time to show small marks on the tail pipes and fenderwell where it was rubbing, so it made it an easy fix as to where to allow for some more clearance.

ARdoller

Established Member
surprisingly, it was only about two areas on each side, both about the size of my thumb where it was rubbing. i had two black marks, one on each tail pipe about thumb size, and both fender well walls, the areas that separate the wheel from the gas tank, had two thumb-size parts of metal "flapped upwards" from the tire rubbing. i was expecting it to have been rubbing a large area of the fender well.

left to right, these fenderwells dont have a lot of room, but they seem fairly spacious upwards, so stuff like dips and speed bumps most likely wont cause your tires to rub. at least they never did for me. the only time they rubbed was in hard cornering.

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
I'm only running 275's out back so rubbing shouldn't be a problem. I do like the height now because I don't rub on things like you guys are mentioning, but being lower would really make the car look a lot better. I'm not positive I'm gonna lower it more, but I would like to know my options.

Users who are viewing this thread