considering contour SVT few questions..

EricMcIntire

Established Member
hey after researching for a while I think that the ford contour SVT fits all my needs... now a few questions...
what are the major differences between the 98, 99 and 2000 models of the SVT?
what mods will improve the mileage and how much
what are the major things to look for when considering
anything else helpful, thanks guys.
oh and how much is this gonna cost me:
lookin for a black, with sunroof, spoiler, 40-60k miles, not too many mods

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
There are two '98' models. The 98 E0 and the 98.5 E1. E stands for 'Evolution.' Interiorly, no dash clock; it is now integrated into the stereo. Exteriorly, the 98.5 got the Cobra-R like wheels; E0s have 'soft' round wheels. Drivetrain is the same. Different valving in the struts, and I believe the calipers changed sometime during the 98 run too. Sunroofs are options.

99, no visual changes. tan interior became an option. most o the cars came wth spoilers. sometime during the 99 run, switch to returnless fuelsystem.

00. Ford made the 2.5L a tick smaller and bumped up the c/r.

biggest thing to look for is tranny problems.

EricMcIntire

Established Member
great help man thanks, appreciate it.. okay so how does this sound? guy is selling his 2000 CSVT with 94k miles, black with leather, great condition, no rust etc... power everything, and he wants 4500 for it... is that pretty good?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
that's not a bad price considering. make sure you test drive it and get the low down on its history if possible.

COBRAKRGT40

COBRAKRGT40
Established Member
Y-pipe,headers header wrap, flow master mufflers, cold air induction,pulleys, hyperchip module. then your off to smoke some stangs

COBRAKRGT40

COBRAKRGT40
Established Member
sho shop scam they have ripped so many people off, check with the better buisness beareau in california, i was just told he took someone eles money, he took me for $3000.00 for the 3.0l short block for svt contour.

Users who are viewing this thread