Considering an early centenial Z28 SS

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Black, 6-speed, 20-ish K miles, stock.

I've already got a 600+ whp Terminator but the purpose for the Z is as a long distance commuter. I originally bought a '14 WRX but I hated that thing so I let it go cheap to some kid. I've had a C6Z and one thing I really liked about it was the highway MPG - I'm sure the catfish would be at least as good and on regular unleaded.

The seller is an older guy (friend) who's got plenty of dough and I know he keeps his stuff in great condition. He seldom drives this thing and will take 15K for it. My plan is to keep it stock-ish but maybe add common bolt-ons assuming they don't mess much w/ MPG.

I'd post this on LS1Tech or Camaro5 but don't think I'd get as honest a valuation as I will here. What do y'all think it's worth?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
$11-12k TOPS!!! And thats if its flawless with absolutely no problems and in showroom condition. Theyre dime-a-dozen cars and $15k is too much. Its low milage, but not low enough to justify that price. I had a 02 NHRA formula, which was like 1 of 300 made that year or something, clean, stock, and had 40k miles and I sold that for $9k.

I also had a 6 speed 02 SS with every option and ttops with 35k miles and I sold that for $12k 5 years ago. It was spotless.

Last edited:

SBVERT03

Established Member
Ya I'd say 10-12k would be fair. I personally wouldn't pay more than that.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
I didn't realize how low the books say for this car. 9K? Ouch!

I think the seller believes he's got some kind of future classic here. It may well go up in value in years to come but since I want a driver I'm going to pass. I think the guy's a bit barn-blind as well.

Thanks for the opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread