Considering a CSVT....feedback would be great.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I've always liked the CSVT's ever since I had my old 98 contour sport. I found this CSVT and was thinking about checking it out. I would like to know what some of you think about it and what Q's or things shoudl I look for. I have a 'general' idea about them because I've owned one, but that was a different car.

So, any feedback would be appreciated.

Oh, BTW - this would be a secondary car with a good chance turning into primary in a few months.

1998 Contour SVT

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
I'd pass. Looks like its been beat to hell.

I thought about that. I figured if I saw it in person and it was overall clean with a motor with 15k miles on it, it wouldnt' be a bad deal. That place is about 45 minutes from my best friends house and a 2 hour drive for me, so it would be nothing to stop and look on my way to see some old friends.

But...IDK...I'm going back and forth. I was thinking the engine is dirty and it shows typical 90k aging...:shrug:

If it's the general consensus that this car may not be worth it, then I'll pass. TY for the feedback ryan.:beer:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Its missing a side skirt, looks like he did the 'Hightower' mod to the headlights, the dents he references, and the replaced engine. To me that's hinting towards rode hard. I think you can find better, even in that price range...

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Its missing a side skirt, looks like he did the 'Hightower' mod to the headlights, the dents he references, and the replaced engine. To me that's hinting towards rode hard. I think you can find better, even in that price range...

Thanks ryan. I'll take your advice and pass.

Hard to find a CSVT in that range around here, but you're right. I just need to pass on it.

dacker

Established Member
I agree, pass on that one, but keep your eyes open. The CSVT is certainly a pleasure to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread