Connecticut Summer Cruise!! Everyones Invited, Come along for the Drive!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Will try to make it ,wifes bday so will see what happens,

If that is your wife in your avatar, tell her she's invited. ;-)

Ya if Jon doesn't chime in soon here, maybe we can meet at that commuter lot like last time? I hope he does chime in though...

My2003Mach1

Established Member
UPDATE

My bottom end is pretty much SHIT! i'm not pointing any fingers at anyone. BUT I didn't do the tune myself.... ANYWHO!! i won't be able to make it unless i go to the ford dealer and take a new 5.0 for a test drive.:::COUGHHELLRIDE::: lol

( 3 pistons "rounded" pistion rings shot block bore oblonged, oil pump shot, stroker crank is ok and able to be reused after a polish... needs main bearings heads seem fine )

So in short i need a bottm end, I'm open to some suggestions as far as which direction to go.....

I was told $6100 for a boss big bore 324 CID... OUCH! I have the funds (and my wife is backing me) which isn't the issue so much as it seems like alot of $$ over all, which doesnt include labor of puting it back in the car and retuning it. ( LOL AT RETUNING, Because I will have to come clean (your not touching my stang)

I just want to get it back together exactly the way it was. I want it done right ofcourse, IMHO i think the engine was originally built correctly, i think theres some issuse in the tune"R". I'm NOT bringing it to where i was having it tuned (EVER) again... but like i said NOT blaming anyone...

Back to the thread I can not make it this is all new news! (bad, misfortunate) I'm sorry brothers, but the faster i can figure this out the faster i can be driving again...

Last edited:

NASTY5.0

DRIVER MOD INSIDE
Established Member
sorry to hear that man hope you get it fixed soon. Give mustang magic a call for the tune F2 Hatchs car has always been taken there by him and the previous owner of the car and always had a great tune that performed without a hitch. I love the fact that he can just flip a switch and change tunes on the run. Good luck getting the car sorted out.

So is this cruise still goin on???

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
im still in for this cruise. the weather looks good, got the day off from work. well work it out. lets make it happen. 2nd gear pull, dvj, you guys in right? let pick a place an go

wet1

Established Member
Sorry to hear the bad news about your car. Was this a slowpoke tune?

$6100 for a boss big bore 324 CID sounds pretty stiff... sounds like it had Viper tax added in! :D I'd try contacting Juiced (Dave) and see if he can help you out on sourcing and R&R of a decent short block.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
hey get that mach1 fixed asap!!!! let us know how it goes. hope you dont mind if i take over and still try to get a few cars out for a cruise. 2nd gear pull and i are planning to meet in unionville@ dunkin donuts. corner of rt 4 and rt177. right next to the metal bridge,10am-1030am meet up, destination not yet determined, but if anyone else is in post up and meet us there.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
hey get that mach1 fixed asap!!!! let us know how it goes. hope you dont mind if i take over and still try to get a few cars out for a cruise. 2nd gear pull and i are planning to meet in unionville@ dunkin donuts. corner of rt 4 and rt177. right next to the metal bridge,10am-1030am meet up, destination not yet determined, but if anyone else is in post up and meet us there.

I'm in, I'll meet you guys there! I know where 4 and 177 are, and I believe I know where the Dunkins is too. Looks like the weather will be perfect!

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
I'm in, I'll meet you guys there! I know where 4 and 177 are, and I believe I know where the Dunkins is too. Looks like the weather will be perfect!

sounds good, anyone else? just a laid back cruise, find somewhere for some lunch,etc

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
Ok I put togethere a cool ride. Leaving from Unionville ending up in East Haddam near the Goodspeed opera house. Should be a nice ride. Some highway and back roads. Plenty of spots to stop (eat/pics). See you guys then.

NASTY5.0

DRIVER MOD INSIDE
Established Member
If I can get back from detroit on saturday morning on time I would like to join you guys. I live in southington so its not too far from there.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
If I can get back from detroit on saturday morning on time I would like to join you guys. I live in southington so its not too far from there.

that would be great. Saturday forecast=1 of the top 10 best days of the year.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
I would join you guys, but I am still behind with registering the car, but I will make a post tomorrow if I get it done in time. Please post pics, if you guys go.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I would join you guys, but I am still behind with registering the car, but I will make a post tomorrow if I get it done in time. Please post pics, if you guys go.

Alright man, I hope you get it taken care of in time. There were some pics posted from the last cruise if you wish to look. Also if you click on the pic in my sig I have an album in there called CT crusie or something like that.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
any muscle cars welcome to join, take your challenger.

NASTY5.0

DRIVER MOD INSIDE
Established Member
Sorry guys I'm out I'm not getting back till tomorrow afternoon. Hope you enjoy yourselves. Later

Users who are viewing this thread