Congrats Again to Brian!!!

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Just want to let our forum faithful know that Brian won both AI Midwest races last weekend at Mid-O. Sunday's race was a real thriller. Why is it I never have my stupid video cam with me when great events happen??? Anyways it was fun to crew for him and hang with Lew at the track. BTW, "Cool Hand Lew" has not lost his touch. Oops, better hope Liz doesn't see this!

Somehow during the course of the weekend I ended up driving Brian's truck 300+ miles. Not often you get to go to JEGs and then Summit within 24 hours of each other!
AND a special thank you to Mark Wilson for "technical assistance and locations"!...one of these days he will be smart enough to ignore his phone when I call!
:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Flying Fred said:
Just want to let our forum faithful know that Brian won both AI Midwest races last weekend at Mid-O. Sunday's race was a real thriller. Why is it I never have my stupid video cam with me when great events happen???

Fred:

Thanks for the report!

Congrats Champ on another great run!! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

b4409

Established Member
Congrats! Nice practice for the Nationals?

Any of you guys going to the Putnam NASA event Oct 7-8?

Bruce Byerly

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Glad I could help get the R back on the track!

I feel like an unofficial part of the pit crew.

Kevin - Are you planning on running at the Nationals?

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
I think I know the answer about Nationals, but will let Brian fill everyone in on that.

Bruce B: Brian and I are planning for the NASA RA event Oct 21&22 instead of Putnam.

Hey Mark, I could make you an official part of my pit crew? Thanks again for once again being available to help. We also talked to Doug twice about installing the new rods.... hmmmm, another guy who should learn to duck my calls from the track!

Good clean racing at Mid-O, but one sad thing was that Chris Griswold (AIX #17) blew his engine big time on Sunday. Not sure how bad, but he sure oiled his car down. I hope he gets a new one in for nationals as he has an awesome car and would love to see him do well in that class.

Last edited:

b_tone

East bound and down!!!!
Established Member
I have to ask this, did he win the overall AI race or did he finish ahead of the other MW AI racers somewhere behind the OH/IN AI cars?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Thanks Guys. After breaking the last three races in a row while leading, it was nice to finally finish a race.

Thanks to Fred, Lew, Mark, and everyone else for thier help this weekend.

Brian,
I finished 3rd overall on saturday and 2nd on sunday. There was no motivation to fight with the OH/IN AI racers when it meant nothing as far as points go since we were scored seperately. I do not agree with that type of scoring, but then again they didn't ask me.

Brian

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Brian strikes again! Congrats to a really good race car driver. BTW, Robert Yates needs a driver next year.

A photo of Brian leaving the track (hot off the news wires):
road.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread