confused?

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
okay well i ran into some car trouble today. It may be one big coincidence or it might be the obvious. The obvious being that, when i washed the car i got something which is ignition related wet, so it wont fire. Okay, now, i washed my car and when i went to start it, it would turn over fine and strong but it would not fire up. I checked the for spark, it got spark, i have a msd coilpack and i can see the spark going off inside the unit if i look really closely, i can hear the fuel pump go on when i turn the key to ON position, i hit the stem vavle on the fuel rail and it squirts fuel and if i crank it it takes a pissload of fuel out, i hooked up the car to a charger and it turned over faster but still no fire, it did fire up once but then it died, then it fired up again and it idled for a while and i reved it up but then it died down and spluttered to an end. What is going on with my mustang? :( Is it possible the fuel pump be bad even though it is pissing out fuel? is it possible something is wet? what can it be?

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
let it dry out over night, put a fan on the engine area if you have one.
If its shooting out fuel I doubt its the fuel pump, but check the fuel pressure to be sure.
Things are hard to diag when they are not in front of you

Teal93

When I wash under the hood and my msd gets wet it wont start so I bypass it and it starts. A day or two later when it is dried out I hook the msd back up and works again. Maybe that is your problem.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well. i went to work today where i left it in the garage and i tried to fire it up still nothing. I sprayed the wires and ends with wd40 and she fired up nicely... and it idles right under 1x rpm before it used to slowly jump and die down and so on... now its good :) yey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread