confused trans

acrbill

Established Member
I have had some strange issues with my Bama tuned auto.

Sometimes when I am go WOT nothing happens for a few moments and then the trans abruptly downshifts.

This really came to a head yesterday at the track. The situation was far from idea but the back end of my car stepped out on the 1-2 shift so I got off the throttle just a bit to snap it back. Once it was back I went WOT and got no response, I kept it buried and the car downshifted and send the back out out again.

I went ahead and ordered a VMP tune so I will see if it is my driving or the tune itself causing the issue.

Anyone ever find their trans to act similarly?

Yagermeister

Established Member
Call Bama directly and they will take care of you! Trust me!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
set it to stock and see if it happens. If it does then you have bigger problems. If not reload the tune and see if it happens. If it does then call them and they'll fix it.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
set it to stock and see if it happens. If it does then you have bigger problems. If not reload the tune and see if it happens. If it does then call them and they'll fix it.

What he said. I have a tune from Torq in my SCT and now have one bad ass auto.

scott_0

Established Member
I was not condemning Bama I was just asking a question.
pretty much all youll get by posting is a bunch of opinions, most to none of which will be relevant, as said, go right to the source and contact Bama, theyre good guys over there

scott_0

Established Member
and youll get these sorts ^^^^ of replies as well, thats why its better to go straight to the source

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
From what I' ve read in another forum, your are not the first one this happened to with a Bama tune. They tried to explain the user why this happens and offered to take a look at the tune to fix it. That's why I took my sweet time researchinf the tuners and then picked one.

acrbill

Established Member
On my manual trans 2011 I had a Bama tune, BBR and then VMP. They all had their merits. VMP has a great reputation for tuning autos plus they are the cheapest for single tunes.

I was just trying to figure if it was me or the tune causing the issues.

Impetuous

Common sense isn't common
Established Member
On my manual trans 2011 I had a Bama tune, BBR and then VMP. They all had their merits. VMP has a great reputation for tuning autos plus they are the cheapest for single tunes.

I was just trying to figure if it was me or the tune causing the issues.

All I can say is that you just picked a great one!

five0three

big deal
Established Member
instead of ordering another tune, you could have just went to stock and tried it. if you load that vmp tune, you will void bama's warranty btw...

acrbill

Established Member
The car did not do this when it was stock. I loaded the Bama tune and this happens every now and again. I tried switching between the street and track tune and it was the same. I am trying to figure out if it was something that happened with all tunes or is it just a flaw that I need to bring up to Bama. I ordered the VMP because it was only $59 and they did right by me before.

I do not have the Bama warranty tune and even if I did I would not hesitate to switch.

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I have different tuner and it dies same thing about 45-50mph on a half throttle app. Then wide open on interstate it does the rev and die thing almost like car turned off lol

acrbill

Established Member
I have different tuner and it dies same thing about 45-50mph on a half throttle app. Then wide open on interstate it does the rev and die thing almost like car turned off lol

That's exactly my issue. The ecu slams the throttle body shut while the trans sorts itself out.

kyoshosp2

Established Member
I put stock tune in and was fine. Just the usual lazy throttle and shifts.. But it always had power and was in a gear lol

Users who are viewing this thread