Confirmation on EGR delete

Morningstar908

Established Member
I want to delete the EGR to clean up under the hood. I already have a custom predator tune so I know my A/F is good.

Is the only adverse effect of deleting the EGR a CEL? I dont mind the CEL until I can go back and get it turned off, I just dont want the computer to throw me into limp mode because I take it off.

Morningstar908

Established Member
I have a tune...but I didnt have the tuner turn it off at that time. He only turned off the AIR Injection. Can I delete the EGR and have no other problems other than a CEL?

Morningstar908

Established Member
I am asking the question because the more I search...the more I am confused.

Everyone says you need a "Tune" to delete the EGR.

My question is does the tune merely turn off the annoying CEL? Or, does the tune actually tune the effects of the EGR out of the fuel curve? Let me know! The car is not a DD and has a custom Diablo Tune so I want to clean up under the hood

-Adam

MouTine

Established Member
I had deleted EGR, SAI and cats without any tune or etc. No probs, only CEL. It's not in limp mode.

coolguy10786

Established Member
I just deleted mine when installing the new headers and no CEL. I does have a little trouble holding an idle at times, but thats more because of the cams and needing a tune.

95PGTTech

Established Member
I am asking the question because the more I search...the more I am confused.

Everyone says you need a "Tune" to delete the EGR.

My question is does the tune merely turn off the annoying CEL? Or, does the tune actually tune the effects of the EGR out of the fuel curve? Let me know! The car is not a DD and has a custom Diablo Tune so I want to clean up under the hood

-Adam

A tune that deletes EGR has a few more changes to it than just clicking all the EGR values to zero. If you want to find out exactly more about stuff like this, sign up for an SCT class, a lot of people pay good money for that information.

Users who are viewing this thread