condensation

3ohh2

Established Member
has anyone taken apart a svtf headlamp before? or even just a standard focus headlamp? ..... my svtf headlight (non-HID) is filling up with fog and is now full of water! probably happened when my car got hit in the parking lot a while back and I think that it broke the seal on the headlamp. It got hit on the front bumper below the light and insurance repaired the bumper and foam behind it. Too bad it happened in the summer and Im just seeing the condensation now! ... anyways just thought Id see if anyone has done this before I break it open and try to re-seal it....thanks

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
just get another one off ebay or get a TYC one (they make the regualer non-HID SVT lens, the darker one)

It has been done, it is a pain in the ass, and usually involves sticking it in an oven to get the glue to come apart.

3ohh2

Established Member
In the end i'm probably going to replace it but I might as well give it a shot before I do that... I'll take some pics and post them if I'm successful. It's really annoying to have my headlamp foggy and full of water everyday. Its effecting visibility and just looks bad... anybody selling a cheap driver side non-hid SVT headlamp assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread