COMSCC at Mosport May 2-3

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm just a member of this club, so this is not as much of an advertisement as it is a plea to help get folks out to this event. :)

For those of you in the north country, COM Sports Car Club will be holding a two day event at Mosport on May 2 and 3.

Day one and half of day two will be practice sessions with on track instruction and classroom sessions for student level drivers. Advanced drivers and those with competition licenses, as well as students that have been signed off to solo will be allowed to participate in the Time Trial competition. After the TT is completed, we will move to a free for all open track format until the track closes.

Mosport is one of the fastest and most exciting tracks on the continent. If you've ever seen a Rolex or Grand Am event there, you know how incredible it is. That I am driving my Miata in my racing seat, pulling a tire trailer for the entire 10 hours it will take me to get there should be some indication as to that fact. There is only one slow turn.....the rest of the track you are flying!!

Details can be found on the website..

COM Sports Car Club

TroyV

Established Member
Lap timing devices and data logging are allowed and encouraged..

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Before I went to Mosport for the first time back in 2006, my friend Wes, who has a lot of Mosport seat time, tried to explain the track to me. He said: "Your speed at Mosport is only limited to the size of your family jewels." And I sort of had a hard time comprehending that until I got there.

When I rode in Wes's race prepped Mazda Protege and it was immediately apparent to me that Wes had a lot of experience at this track! :eek: I think he was on the brake pedal like five times the entire lap for a combined total of like eight seconds. I was giggling like a little schoolgirl. :dancenana:

Unfortunately I only got one day behind the wheel on that track but man that was a great time. It was one of the Dexter Days. I can't wait to get back there. I do remember driving on one of the most expensive toll roads going to the Glen from there. 76 kilometers, $76. :dw: Coincidence? I think not! :fart:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

TroyV

Established Member
I'm only on the brakes in three spots on that track. 3, 5, & 9. It is incredible how free flowing the track is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread