Computer question regarding internet connection, can someone help?

Established Member
Ok, I'm no genius when it comes to computers and have a question hopefully someone here can help me with.

At the bottom right I've got two sets of the little "dual computers". When a page is loading / transferring internet data, the one on the right lights up back and forth with little blue computer screens. However, the one on the left never lights up.

When I mouse over the one that "works" / turns blue, it says lan connection 2, Speed 100Mbps, connected.

When I mouse over the left one (the one that never lights up) it says 1394 connection Speed 400Mbps staus connected.

Does this mean my computer is using the slower connection only for some reason? Can I switch it to use the 1394 connection that shows 400MBPS and get better computer speeds/performance?

Help! I'm lost when it comes to this stuff and the last thing I want to do is get it all jacked up and not working.

Thanks in advance!

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
The 1394 connection is "Firewire" or "iLink" (depending on your brand of computer) -- you must have a device connected that your computer is viewing as part of a network. (Camera? Scanner?)

100 Mpbs is plenty fast for internet -- your ISP's connection doesn't deliver data to you that fast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread