Computer People- I need a Utility PLEASE

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I have an external drive that went from NTFS to RAW. Long story short I need a data recovery tool similiar to EASEUS. (Free version of EASEUS and just about every version out there will show you the files on your drive, however will not recover them.

Any suggestions?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Nothing was deleted. I believe the drive itself failed causing the corrupt/missing partition.

JasonSnake

Established Member
Before you start using any of these utilities, try taking the HD out of that external case and hook it up directly inside the computer. It's not unheard of for the controller inside the external housing to go bad.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
Before you start using any of these utilities, try taking the HD out of that external case and hook it up directly inside the computer. It's not unheard of for the controller inside the external housing to go bad.
if it was the controller he would not see the drive....it's the drive, especially considering he can see the files with a recovery software

if you want a free utility try mounting the drive in a linux live cd....if not then torrent time

JasonSnake

Established Member
if it was the controller he would not see the drive....it's the drive, especially considering he can see the files with a recovery software

if you want a free utility try mounting the drive in a linux live cd....if not then torrent time

You sound pretty confident about that. It could be a first; you never know. It's just a good suggestion and plus he would be able to transfer quicker if the hd was hooked up directly.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
You sound pretty confident about that. It could be a first; you never know. It's just a good suggestion and plus he would be able to transfer quicker if the hd was hooked up directly.

Clearly following logic is not a strength of yours.

facts:
1)he can see the physical drive, but can't access the files
2)he tried a recovery software for windows and was able to see the files but couldn't extract because of a licensing issue

and from those facts you came to the conclusion that the chance of him having a bad controller is high enough versus having a screwed partition table to warrant a disassembly of both the computer and the disk enclosure in order to connect them directly as opposed to downloading a linux live cd?

you are brilliant dude

BTW, I am a computer engineer who specializes in storage. ;-)

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Clearly following logic is not a strength of yours.

facts:
1)he can see the physical drive, but can't access the files
2)he tried a recovery software for windows and was able to see the files but couldn't extract because of a licensing issue

and from those facts you came to the conclusion that the chance of him having a bad controller is high enough versus having a screwed partition table to warrant a disassembly of both the computer and the disk enclosure in order to connect them directly as opposed to downloading a linux live cd?

you are brilliant dude

BTW, I am a computer engineer who specializes in storage. ;-)

I can see the file under disk management, no wheres else.

I actually had to disassemble the drive to get to the actual hard drive, and put that in a similar case due to board damage.

If anyone knows of a place to DL this type of utility it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Well that's $40 cheaper then what I have seen out there so far, thank you.

Do you have any experience with the program?

I know you were looking for free but I've never found a free one either.

Yes, I own it and it works great, nice interface, easy to use.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread