Computer MAF Compensation over 5.0 volts w/ MJ's Mafxtender?

Dominick32

BANNED
Guys.
November 5th as some of you already know I will be testing out my idea about increasing the boost on the Apten Oval Port to see if this cures my low torque numbers and puts me in the 500/500 club.

I will be installing a LFP 4# lower pulley kit w/78" Gatorback Belt.
Also, I will be installing MJ's Mafxtender.

Basically with my combo I will be running close to 17 lbs. of boost.
I am almost pegging the MAF as it is right now so I was curious after my MAF goes over 5.0 volts with MJ's Mafxtender how does the computer compensate for this during tuning on the dyno?

Does the Mafxtender just trick the MAF?
Does anyone have experience tuning with MJ's Mafxtender?

I guess my question is does the Mafxtender make a tuning session any different when flashing and adjusting the tables on a dyno?

Dom

Dominick32

BANNED
Anyone?

I was just trying to get as much information as I can so I can relay it to my tuner Joey Lauzardo @ Mustang Magic. If he needs to tune in a different fashion I want to be able to talk to him about it before we go ahead and tune the car.

Any info would be helpful guys.

Thanks,

Dom

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Guys,

There is NO trickery involved. The MAFXtender does the exact same thing that Pro-M would do when recalibrating a stock meter BUT it does it way more repeatibly and precisely.

The key piece of information that you need to know is that the stock meter can continue to properly measure air way in excess of what the PCM can read. This is because the meter will continue to output voltage beyond 5.0v while the PCM can only read up to 5.0v.

The MAFXtender compresses the larger flow range of the stock MAF back down into the range that is readible by the PCM. The tune changes are simply to let the PCM know that you've recurved the meter.

Again, there is ZERO trickery involved, no smoke and mirrors, no pixie dust, no BULLSHIT. This thing works exactly as advertised. If you want to spend more money, I highly recommend the SCT 2400 MAFs. The end result will be the same!

MJ

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by mjchip
Guys,

There is NO trickery involved. The MAFXtender does the exact same thing that Pro-M would do when recalibrating a stock meter BUT it does it way more repeatibly and precisely.

The key piece of information that you need to know is that the stock meter can continue to properly measure air way in excess of what the PCM can read. This is because the meter will continue to output voltage beyond 5.0v while the PCM can only read up to 5.0v.

The MAFXtender compresses the larger flow range of the stock MAF back down into the range that is readible by the PCM. The tune changes are simply to let the PCM know that you've recurved the meter.

Again, there is ZERO trickery involved, no smoke and mirrors, no pixie dust, no BULLSHIT. This thing works exactly as advertised. If you want to spend more money, I highly recommend the SCT 2400 MAFs. The end result will be the same!

MJ

MJ,
Thanks for clearing that up. My real question was do I need to speak to Joey (my tuner) about any differences when tuning the car? Or can he go ahead and just tune the bad boy?
Thanks,
Dom

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Dominick32
MJ,
Thanks for clearing that up. My real question was do I need to speak to Joey (my tuner) about any differences when tuning the car? Or can he go ahead and just tune the bad boy?
Thanks,
Dom

Hi Dom,

He's already used the product so you should be all set. In any case, just hand him the tuning guide that comes with the product and let him loose. It'll all work out fine.

MJ

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by mjchip
Hi Dom,

He's already used the product so you should be all set. In any case, just hand him the tuning guide that comes with the product and let him loose. It'll all work out fine.

MJ

Thanks MJ.
I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread