Computer Guys, Quick Question?

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I was on Google last night doing a few searches. Once you do a search, the subject matter will appear again once you type in the first letter in the search bar. Is there a way to delete that? I don't want my girlfriend seeing what I was searching for. (Don't want to ruin a possible surprise). Help guys. Thanks.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
delete your cookies. go into start, then accessories, then system tools, the disk cleanup, delete cookies and all internet temp files

that should do it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
To clear out everything do the following -

If using IE, just goto >Tools>Internet Options>General Tab> Clear history> Delete Files>Delete Cookies

Then goto the Content tab>Under personal info> AutoComplete>Clear Forms

If using mozilla goto > Tools> Options> Privacy> Clear All

or you can download ccleaner from download.com or ccleaner.com (its free) Select all in the cleaner settings> Run cleaner

Last edited:

Steeltwo

Established Member
Thomas Morgan said:
delete your cookies. go into start, then accessories, then system tools, the disk cleanup, delete cookies and all internet temp files

that should do it.
actually no

it is the auto complete that is causing it.

i use a program called cain and abile(sp?) that is a hacking tool that will get rid of auto complete stuff aswell.

if you are running windows xp, you can just select one off the list and hit delete and it'll get rid of it.
otherwise
try this
In Internet Explorer click tools menu than internet options a window will be opened than click on content tab Below u will see a auto complete button click on it
A new window will be opened from you can empty the autofill option and and can also change settings for auto fill options.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
03Sssnake said:
To clear out everything do the following -

If using IE, just goto >Tools>Internet Options>General Tab> Clear history> Delete Files>Delete Cookies

Then goto the Content tab>Under personal info> AutoComplete>Clear Forms

If using mozilla goto > Tools> Options> Privacy> Clear All

or you can download ccleaner from download.com or ccleaner.com (its free) Select all in the cleaner settings> Run cleaner

Cool thanks. Yeah, deleting the cookies wasn't doing it.

Labinnac

El Chimpo Grande!
Established Member
Yeah, I bet she'll be REAL surprised that you're a moderator on the Justin Timberlake forums.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Labinnac said:
Yeah, I bet she'll be REAL surprised that you're a moderator on the Justin Timberlake forums.

Justin Timberlake has forums??? :poke: How do you know that? :-D

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Okay, the guys above are all right, but, your g/f will catch up to your delete history, cookies & temp files.
Here's what you do.
In your google search feature, type in " ask jeeves ". Then click on the ask.com link, type in your search there, then follow the links as needed.

After you are thru, go back to your history, delete the pages you went to, plus delete the ask jeeves selection, delete the Google search " ask jeeves ", then go to ONLY toe cookies & temp files from the exact pages you don't want to be seen.

Don't delete the pages that do not matter.

This ought to buy you some leeway! lol

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
jamz said:
Okay, the guys above are all right, but, your g/f will catch up to your delete history, cookies & temp files.

most girls think cookies are baked goods you eat. unless she's a special, computer savvy girl then uh...i really dont think he has anything to worry about.

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
1Day-ACobra said:
most girls think cookies are baked goods you eat. unless she's a special, computer savvy girl then uh...i really dont think he has anything to worry about.

Been there done that is how i know. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread